• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

1970 challenger 383 with AC supposed to be blue?

moparleo

Reaction score
There for were a few different shades of blue available. Look at the build sheet or fender tag. If not available pull a door panel to look or look inside of trunk for remnants of factory colors.

RJHJR

Reaction score
Moparleo;
He's talking about his engine if you see the other thread.
W:
Post the fender tag and or build sheet and this forum will help you figure it out.
I think its a 383 two barrel car that had a four barrel added.
But it could be an A66 car that had its 340 swapped out or the 383.
What's the air cleaner look like?

challenger6pak

Reaction score
1970 383 2 bbl, 383 4 bbl N code, automatic transmission in a non RT will also be blue.

challenger6pak

Reaction score
I looked at your pictures. The shade of blue that is on the motor isn't the correct blue for 70. You can see it was a haphazard touch up with the wrong color.

RJHJR

Reaction score
That’s what I thought I saw.
thanks!

wantonebadebody

Reaction score
1970 383 2 bbl, 383 4 bbl N code, automatic transmission in a non RT will also be blue.
thanks ! yes it HAS THE 383 TIICAL AIR CLEANER didnt take a pic as i didnt buy it yet. was trying to find out if it was a decent deal.

moparlee

Reaction score
Moparleo;
He's talking about his engine if you see the other thread.
W:
Post the fender tag and or build sheet and this forum will help you figure it out.
I think its a 383 two barrel car that had a four barrel added.
But it could be an A66 car that had its 340 swapped out or the 383.
What's the air cleaner look like?
Why do you think it was a 2 barrel?
You could get a '70 with a 4 barrel 383, auto, and AC and the engine would be blue.
It does have dual exhaust, but I suppose it could have been added. Like you say, we need to see the fender tag or build sheet.

wantonebadebody

Reaction score
Why do you think it was a 2 barrel?
You could get a '70 with a 4 barrel 383, auto, and AC and the engine would be blue.
It does have dual exhaust, but I suppose it could have been added. Like you say, we need to see the fender tag or build sheet.
unfourtunaly the the tag is not where it should be the guy wrote all the codes done on paper maybe he removed it and forgot , still trying to get story straight.
the car has tons of repair billds from dealer i have to sought threw if i get the car.

RJHJR

Reaction score
My thought is...
If it was a four barrel and not an RT I thought it would have the 383 with four barrel emblem under it on the fender below the Challenger script.
We could figure this out with the engine digit in the VIN.

Back