• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

1970 Challenger 440 6 pack Convertible I did a few years back

Powerguy

Reaction score
This car was a 1970 318, red with white interior and top car and my client wanted triple black 440 6 pack. So that's what I did. Was a fun build!

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

R4Sedan

Reaction score
No offense, the original color combo was beautiful to begin with. Oh well to each his own.:BangHead:o_O

fasjac

Reaction score
Nice ride! The guy paying gets what he wants. Triple black is sweet but, love the red and white combo.

Powerguy

Reaction score
nice work
Thank you, My client wanted me to make one as close as I could to a real 440 six pack Challenger Convert as I could. I put a rally dash, all Mopar front disc brakes, The 440 and 727 came out of a 71 Cuda and the olny thing that wasn't Mopar was the rear end as I got a dana 60 made from Moser.

aussiemark

Reaction score
Nothing wrong with the wheels just needs the earlier style centre caps. 8 3/4 rear axle would have been fitted to an original car unless A32 was optioned.

Powerguy

Reaction score
Nothing wrong with the wheels just needs the earlier style centre caps. 8 3/4 rear axle would have been fitted to an original car unless A32 was optioned.
No worries. The best part was about a month after my client picked it up I was coming out of my paint booth and I heard someone say hay Rich and it was the owner of the car and tossed me the keys and said let go for a ride!!!

DrEamer

Reaction score
No worries. The best part was about a month after my client picked it up I was coming out of my paint booth and I heard someone say hay Rich and it was the owner of the car and tossed me the keys and said let go for a ride!!!

That's what you do it for, to make a happy customer. I know some of the guys are busting your chops for doing your job, but it's not like he wanted the 70's-80's modification treatment. I mean he could have wanted a set if hiJacker air shocks, N-50 Indy Profile tires on slotted mags, sticking two inches out the rear wheel wells, and a set of yellow traction bars. It looks like great work, and it still gets to be seen on the road.

Back