• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

1970 Cuda brake line routing question

moparfever

Reaction score
On my 70 Cuda 340 engine with standard drum brakes.the original passenger front brake line goes over the frame rail. when I looked up to buy new brake lines for a 70 Cuda it only shows a line going under the Pass frame rail . But the 1971 Cuda new brake line goes over the Pass frame rail like mine.
My Cuda was built on July 1970 so did Plymouth install the 1971 brake lines ?

moparleo

Reaction score
It could be that it is a generic picture of a brake line set or there were different ways to route them. The firewall forward compartment specs are "B" body sized. That is why you can stuff a 426 in there. Call and ask the supplier which one is advertised and if you are staying with the stock drum brake system, go with whatever your car came with and don't worry about it.

moparfever

Reaction score
Fine lines company list for a 1970 Cuda that the Pass side brake line goes under frame rail.
They list a 1971 Cuda that the Pass side goes over the frame rail. Mine goes over the Pass frame rail.
I will post some photos soon.

moparfever

Reaction score
Here is some photos, see what you guys think.

2b.jpg

3b.jpg

6b.jpg

moparleo

Reaction score
OK. Just replace whatever you have. Is there a different question ?? On a Mopar things are not always "exactly" the way you think they should be. Always been that way. Never say never to something being different on your car. Not to worry. Looks like somebody really laid on the undercoat/black recently.

Back