• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

1970 Cuda - New Go Mango

Cazbah362

Reaction score
Hello - Well I purchased this 1970 Barracuda Go Mango, factory 4 speed 318 car nearly 18 months ago. By the time I stripped it out I realized it was in a bit more need of work than I anticipated. Once stripped it out, blasted it and bought the new parts. I found a gentlemen close who could do all the work. After 10 + months, I have received the car back painted and ready to go. At this time I have the TKO 600, 451 (awaiting dyno) and the car.

I am currently into a 70 Duster 4speed/360 car, so funds are a bit dicey, oh and a kid wanting to go to College. This will be a slow go, but looking forward to the build. Just thought I would share, I am very happy with the paint. Plans are to build to a AAR style body, this has an AAR deck lid and rear spoiler. Eventually it will have the argent black and AAR hood.

Nothing was original on the car when I bought it except fender tag, body (most) and rear end. Hope you all like it as much as I do.

IMG_0653.jpg

IMG_0656.jpg

IMG_0657.jpg

IMG_0658.jpg

IMG_0659.jpg

IMG_0660.jpg

IMG_0661.jpg

IMG_0668.jpg

IMG_0669.jpg

IMG_0670.jpg

74chlngrTT5.9

Reaction score
Nice car and plan there.

Are you sure those are new pictures? From the look of all the background cars I am guessing we have entered into the 50s...

rbbruno3

Reaction score
What's not to like!! Great start!! If you do go with aTKO you will need to modify your tunnel. Not a big deal just didn't want you to get ahead of things.

Avalanche

Reaction score
If Passion ever gets there 5 speed out, that would be a better option than the TKO.
Direct bolt on.

Cazbah362

Reaction score
All, Thank you- I am happy and excited, wish I had the funds to move forward.

74chllngr - He has a bunch of 40's and 50's cars, some AFX's etc.he's a pretty cool hot-rod guy, kind of like stepping back a bit.

As for the TKO, I already have it and all the parts/pieces to put it in. Found a good local deal and then sent it off to Silver Sport Transmissions to have it set up for E-Body and hydraulic clutch, sitting on my garage floor in boxes awaiting install.

One of the reasons I did the Duster was due to too many spare parts sitting around, 360, 4 speed, 8 3/4.

moparlee

Reaction score
That's a great looking Cuda you have there. As your priorities sort out it will be a fun project to finish up. Those background pics are awesome with the cool rides and John Deere tractor.

Cazbah362

Reaction score
Thanks for the compliments gentlemen! That is my painters yard, very eclectic - I would imagine his neighbors are not fans.

Cazbah362

Reaction score
Sold my 70 Duster this week! means I have cash, time and energy to spend on the Cuda. 451 is about ready to be dynoed, need to order my TTI's, flywheel and fuel system. Waiting so I can purchase this tank setup: http://www.tanksinc.com/index.cfm/p...t_id=477/category_id=146/mode=prod/prd477.htm

The plan is to build all the fuel infrastructure for EFI, starting of with a carburetor, then will go with either a FAST or one of the new Holley systems in the long run.

Once the Duster is out of the garage, going to drop the K-frame and start powder coating and rebuilding.Garage.jpg

Garage.jpg

74chlngrTT5.9

Reaction score
Waiting so I can purchase this tank setup: http://www.tanksinc.com/index.cfm/p...t_id=477/category_id=146/mode=prod/prd477.htm

The plan is to build all the fuel infrastructure for EFI, starting of with a carburetor, then will go with either a FAST or one of the new Holley systems in the long run.

That is a good looking tank setup. Website states "coming soon" hope it is soon.
I have also set mine up with all the EFI hardware and am currently running a carb. Doing conversion in stages to keep the down time minimal.

Thanks for posting up...
Mike

Cazbah362

Reaction score
Updates -

Have made a bit of progress here on the Cuda. My plan was to do all the AAR graphics and black areas in a carbon fiber wrap. To date have finished up the tail panel, hood and fender to doors. This really came out very nice. Also received the Tanks EFI system, I ended up going with the 6GLP pump which is good from 500/1000 HP. It arrived this week and will be going in within the next few weekends. Lots of home life and working on a Masters to boot, so priorities.

Hold ups right now is my engine builder. Too long of story for the forum, bottom line is I am not his priority. Motor should be nice when finally dynoed, looking for about 700 HP. 451, Eddy Victors and an Erson grind roller with T&D's. The will go behind a TKO600 and eventually a FAST system or something close. The TTI's have been in my garage for a few months, so.

This car started as a basket case with many of the parts there, but the small items missing, such a trunk lock, pass bumper brackets, etc. These small pieces are a PITA and costly to buy. This is not a restoration and trying not to make a clone, making my own hybrid. With that said, bumpers are off to the chromers, seems to be cheaper than buying new ones. Thought of going fiberglass modifieds, but I like the chrome.

Thanks for the morning rant -

Cuda Side 1.jpg

Cuda Side 2.jpg

Cuda Tail CF.jpg

plumgtx

Reaction score
where did you get your hood? i have an aar and the hood is original and worse for wear. just wondering about aftermarket hood quality

Cazbah362

Reaction score
Plumbgtx - I bought this one from Stinger/AAR, little pricey with shipping however seems to pretty nice quality. I wanted a bolt on, so this was the best one I could find for the price.

Cazbah362

Reaction score
Fender Tags

Cuda Hunter - Yes, professionally completed.

IMG_0838.jpg

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
Wow! I really like your car. Bare bones with the exception of the light group and buckets. 4 speed as well. Cool ride. And EK2 !!

That's one cool Barracuda !!

Did you happen to retain a build sheet? I know you didn't mention it and said this was all that came with the shell but I thought I would ask. LA car and all.

Back