• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

FOR SALE 1970 Dodge Challenger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justin Smith

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I have decided to part with my 1970 Dodge Challenger drag car, I want to pursue racing NSS classes. This has been a very good race car. The car ran 5.30's in the 1/8th pretty consistently, in the 1/4 it ran 8.40s. With a loose 8" torque converter, it ran 5.20's. It is also listed in Racingjunk and Market place. I have had this car since I was 19. I have a file full of documentation about the cars life. I am asking $45,000 or OBO. If y'all have any questions about the car, I am more than happy to answer them. My email is [email protected]

BRC Racecraft built 2x3 mild steel chassis, 4-link, Strange Engineering strut front-end, and Rick Jones anti-roll bar and wishbone. 557 cubic inch Wedge with 440-1 CNC Indy cylinder heads. The engine dyno’d at 945 horsepower and 862 foot-pounds of torque. The build was fully documented with information on all parts, dyno sheets, cylinder head flow sheets, cam specs, etc available to the buyer. The car has not been raced with the new paint.
The owner built the car and has been bracket racing it in the Super Pro class since 2012. In 2015 the car received the Best Engineered award at the Atlanta Dragway NHRA track. He is selling this car to start a new build for Nostalgia Super Stock.
Highlights listed below, DM for more information. Serious inquiries only please. No trades.
• 557 Cubic inch Wedge
• Mopar Siamese block with cross bolt mains
• 4.500 bore Custom Gas ported, CNC lightened Diamond pistons
• Custom grind Earson Camshaft
• Indy CNC 440-1 heads with oversize intake valves
• 14.7:1 Compression ratio
• Rupert 1250 alcohol carburetor
• Engine freshly rebuilt
• 2 speed Powerglide aftermarket bellhousing and case
• Greg Slack 9” Torque Converter
• BRC Racecraft 2x3 mild steel chassis Certified 8.50 cage
• Strange Engineering front struts
• Strange Engineering Dana 60 rear end
• 4:56 Richmond Pro gears
• AFCO double adjustable shocks
• Rick Jones Sway Bar and wishbone
• Chromoly Driveshaft
• 16v XS battery and charger
• Magnafuel Pro-star 500 Fuel pump
• Weld Racing Magnum 15x15 SFI approved wheels, Cartel converted double beadlock
• VFN Fiberglass hood, front end, scoop, and deck lid
• Fiberglass doors
• Fresh paint with Spies Hecker paint
Car Weighs close to 2600 without a driver
I also have several more pictures if anyone would like to see more

HP 17.jpeg

HP 3.jpg

HP 4.jpg

HP 2.jpg

HP7.jpg

HP6.jpg

HP 5.jpg