• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

1970 Federal Power Steering Pump Picture

RamRod

Reaction score
Hi everyone. Everyone has been such a help and a resource. But I have one more question, and I swear that I looked all over the internet for a good picture, but I couldn't find one.

I have a 1970 340 federal power steering pump and I am trying to figure out how it is mounted. I think that I have the correct mounts for it, but I am not sure. The guy that I got the car from just had a box of misc parts. Some were the correct parts, but I have even found Chevy, ford, and I have no idea parts in it.

Does someone have a good picture of how this pump is mounted and how it goes together? I found a bunch for the Saginaw, but none for the Federal. Thanks again!!!

340challconvert

Reaction score
My 1970 Challenger 340 ps pump mounting
Hope it helps
Dino2.gif

Power Steering fr side.JPG

PS Pump fr view.JPG

PS Pump top view.JPG

RamRod

Reaction score
Thanks so much 340 ChallConvert for the pictures. They really help.

But I'm really stuck on how the two triangle brackets go together. I see that one is attached to the engine, but where does the other one go? I understand that this might be a stupid question. But I apprecate your help.
MD2186.JPG

CARPORT T/A

Reaction score
Thanks so much 340 ChallConvert for the pictures. They really help.

But I'm really stuck on how the two triangle brackets go together. I see that one is attached to the engine, but where does the other one go? I understand that this might be a stupid question. But I apprecate your help.View attachment 59076

Hey RamRod,

The bracket shown in Purple is the one with the offset in it. It gets 2 bolt into the timing cover down low with the offset going away from the block. The one shown in red gets 2 bolts that go into the water pump. A factory one of these brackets will say TOP on it. That goes on the top and facing towards the front of the car. The red bracket is behind the pump brackets so it is hard to see in the picture. Good luck!

PS PUMP BRACKETS.jpg

money pit

Reaction score
Does anyone know if these brackets are the same for 70-74? Classic Industries has the brackets for 70-72. I have a 74 360 engine in a 70 Barracuda. Thanks

Back