• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

1970 JS23NOB

Huskidrive

Reaction score
After 25 years in storage and 5 years of on and off resto work. The Mighty Dodge is back home. First time in 30 years buying gas!
IMG_0930.JPG
IMG_5412.JPG

340challconvert

Reaction score
Wow Huskidrive
I was born in Jersey City and grew up in North Bergen.
We are about the same age; ironic our paths never crossed. I was heavily into Challengers all through the 70's and 80's.
Phil

djais1801

Reaction score
Wow Huskidrive
We are about the same age; ironic our paths never crossed. I was heavily into Challengers all through the 70's and 80's.
Phil
I went to SPC from 88-94 and lived in JC that whole time

340challconvert

Reaction score
I went to Jersey City State (better known as "Harvard on the Hudson"):lol:

Had to take two boulevard buses to school my freshman year; did not own a car yet! I'm old though, started freshman year as a 17 year old in 1970!

I went to SPC from 88-94 and lived in JC that whole time

djais1801

Reaction score
I went to Jersey City State (better known as "Harvard on the Hudson"):lol:

Had to take two boulevard buses to school my freshman year; did not own a car yet! I'm old though, started freshman year as a 17 year old in 1970!
they had buses then? lmao! I was born in '69

340challconvert

Reaction score
Yea, the buses were actually trolley cars pulled by horses!
Have you seen pics of St Peters College? (Now a University) campus has been enlarged with new buildings. Looks great. :thumbsup:

djais1801

Reaction score
Yea, the buses were actually trolley cars pulled by horses!
Have you seen pics of St Peters College? (Now a University) campus has been enlarged with new buildings. Looks great. :thumbsup:
yes...unbelievable. My step-father taught there from the 70's-90's. I was fortunate enough to go for free. but man was city in the dumps then...all the homeless in journal square

340challconvert

Reaction score
I know, Journal Square was a seedy place in the 70's. I had to register for the draft at the draft board office in Journal Sq when I turned 18. Vietnam was going hot and heavy.

I bought my first house downtown, a brownstone for 69K in 1979 and had to do an extensive restoration. Can't buy them for that price now downtown. All New Yorkers came in and started buying up the brownstones.
I was using my A66 Vert for regular transportation at the time.

yes...unbelievable. My step-father taught there from the 70's-90's. I was fortunate enough to go for free. but man was city in the dumps then...all the homeless in journal square

djais1801

Reaction score
I know, Journal Square was a seedy place in the 70's. I had to register for the draft at the draft board office in Journal Sq when I turned 18. Vietnam was going hot and heavy.

I bought my first house downtown, a brownstone for 69K in 1979 and had to do an extensive restoration. Can't buy them for that price now downtown. All New Yorkers came in and started buying up the brownstones.
I was using my A66 Vert for regular transportation at the time.
I worked in a law firm on Summit Ave during college and they were buying up all the brownstones on montgomery down by the pier for like 80k...i was there before Newport Center mall and the high rises were built...back when the Colgate clock was still there.

340challconvert

Reaction score
My brownstone was on York St, one block down from Hamilton Park; was a long time ago.
Had a chance to buy a large garage building down the street for my car stuff for $15k at the time; should have followed through.
Sections of JC; A Different world now from 40 years ago. All high end high rises downtown, especially as you get closer to the river.
I finally went suburban in the late 80's.

Last edited:

Huskidrive

Reaction score
Wow Huskidrive
Phil
Graduated North Bergen High School 1973

340challconvert

Reaction score
Huskdrive, Small world. I graduated North Bergen in 1970.
You might have known my younger brother Steve. He graduated NBHS in 73?

Dino2 (2).gif

Back