• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

1970 one owner Cuda

Powerguy

Reaction score
I am a restoration shop owner and use to race Mopars in the late 70's early 80's. I am currently restoring a 1 owner 1970 383 factory 4 speed Cuda that I have a question about as it had a hole in the front transmission tunnel with a piece of plastic with " By Ted Schultz" and some initials on it. We have decoded the fender tag and the car was built December 18th in the Los Angeles plant. I am aware of employees marking there name in places but a hole was cut and covered with this. So I think it might have some kind of meaning or something. Thanks for any help with the puzzle.
DSC05145.JPG
DSC05147.JPG
DSC05148.JPG

AUSTA

Reaction score
What are the wires connected to.
Doesnt mean Left top & Left Bottom possible?
There was a Ted Shultz that won the Chrysler PGA Tornament in 1989 who knows.
My glove compartment liner has Tiny written on the top during assembly

DetMatt1

Reaction score
I am a restoration shop owner and use to race Mopars in the late 70's early 80's. I am currently restoring a 1 owner 1970 383 factory 4 speed Cuda that I have a question about as it had a hole in the front transmission tunnel with a piece of plastic with " By Ted Schultz" and some initials on it. We have decoded the fender tag and the car was built December 18th in the Los Angeles plant. I am aware of employees marking there name in places but a hole was cut and covered with this. So I think it might have some kind of meaning or something. Thanks for any help with the puzzle.View attachment 67242 View attachment 67243 View attachment 67244
Welcome to the site from the Motor City!

Powerguy

Reaction score
What are the wires connected to.
Doesnt mean Left top & Left Bottom possible?
There was a Ted Shultz that won the Chrysler PGA Tornament in 1989 who knows.
My glove compartment liner has Tiny written on the top during assembly
The wire is coming out from the dash. I dont know what it is going to as I took a picture of his photograph. I am hoping he might have the piece in the middle that is missing. I thinks it might be on the carpet and he thinks he still may have it. I never thought of Left Top and left Bottom but it does make sense Thanks.

R4Sedan

Reaction score
They used both style Fonts for the LA plant. The majority of them had the finer one as pictured.

MOPARMITCH

Reaction score
I have a 70 BS23 NOE 4 speed, numbers car that is also B7, but with B5 interior. Waiting its turn for restoration. Dont see many in B7. I'll be watching your resto....:thumbsup:

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
Which side molding pieces are you speaking of ? Interior ?

V5B on the fender tag. This is the protective strips that go along the middle of the body line. This is usually v5x in black. Blue is very difficult to find. I've been trying to buy a set of any color for years and have yet to actually get my hands on a set.
V5b would be awesome to acquire. I'd have to find an appropriate car to install them on.

Good luck finding them. Sweet car!

440rush

Reaction score
Welcome to the site, Your Cuda looks great. Keep us posted with your progress.

Back