• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

SOLD 1970 Plymouth Cuda AAR For Sale EV2 4Spd

Status
Not open for further replies.

JakeM

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
1970 Plymouth Cuda AAR, 340 6 Barrel, 4 spd. EV2 (Orange) Plymouth called Tor Red. Private Seller, Owned 16 years, 4 year restoration completed in 2016. Both fender tags, no build sheet. Yes #s matching 4 spd Trans, Non-born with 340 Six Barrel TA Motor (1970 only), 3:55 gears. 1 of 1,120 4 spds. Low optioned car built as a sales bank car. If you are new to the AAR/TA scene please research the rarity of the 340 "TA" engines these cars came with. This car has one. Examples of things done on this concours restoration; Polyglass Tires, Retained dual point distributor, Retained non-power steering system The correct Master Cylinder (casting number 2229171)All correct restored 6 barrel carbs with proper finish and ink stamping, Stant gas cap, Gates vacuum hoses. Original hemi rear leaf springs were rebuilt to ensure the exact part numbers were used on the correct sides of the car, Chrysler labeled glass, Correct white dot space saver spare, Correct radiator (2998974) , Stud and nut combo used where required vs. a fender bolt, Undercoating applied only where undercoating was applied at the factory, The reverse/key lock parking safety mechanism works perfectly as it should. Fender Tag Info. ENI N94 R11 V6H Y05 26 J45 J82 L31 M21 M88 N44 EV2 A01 A53 B51 C55 G36 EV2 H6X9 000 409 M03903 E55 D21 B23 JOB *****

It is a chrome bumper standard dash, non console car. Systems Restored: Driveline- engine, transmission, drive shafts and rear end all restored. Electrical- all new wiring throughout including extensive dash restoration. Braking-all new parts and components, original KH calipers restored. Steering/Suspension- All new components and restored factory original parts Multiple 1st place trophy winner at Muscle car and National Mopar shows.
Price $ 104,900 located just north of St. Paul in Minnesota. Videos and more pics available upon request. Thank you.

0407389F-CDA1-4032-9087-F7D35A29C1EB.jpeg

8C3CB41F-4A6B-4E1A-8673-81E06C1FC77A.jpeg

0ED2FBA6-FD74-46D6-9267-32EF0C849E58.jpeg

7DB4D8B7-1139-435C-AB1D-FC761D8F6367.jpeg

F755A2B1-25CF-44F6-880E-8E9DF9F47672.jpeg

6BEE2E6F-9F55-4F10-8ADF-3CC0D40937DD.jpeg

3CAED1E6-48A0-49E4-B861-64743E535824.jpeg

6B3A38A3-74C9-4EC4-8E2D-934D1B98EA12.jpeg

8FB70D4F-F2AA-4F28-ACB8-FFB0C7092F38.jpeg

4CD98C36-4870-41DD-8267-A0A5FEA14AB1.jpeg

j james

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what a nice machine
did you replace sheet metal and frame components
thanks james

Mopar Mitch

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A beautiful car!!!

Only things missing would be factory Rally dash and appears to not have power steering (manual steering is pathetically slow and non-responsive)... the T/A Fast Ratio power steering is a very desirable option... practically an absolute must-have (IMO).

JakeM

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A beautiful car!!!

Only things missing would be factory Rally dash and appears to not have power steering (manual steering is pathetically slow and non-responsive)... the T/A Fast Ratio power steering is a very desirable option... practically an absolute must-have (IMO).
I hear ya Matt. I guess they would be missing if the car came with those items from the factory, which it did not. I have always thought the rear window luvers were cool as well.

elnielsen

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A beautiful car!!!

Hey guys,

I apologize for hijacking just a smidge, but could I buy a T/A Fast Ratio power steering and put it in a 71 Barracuda? I had my steering box rebuilt and it's just awful. Mine's a PS car. Thanks, Erik.

Mopar Mitch

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes.... if you could find a T/A box. Actually, you could simply use the standard PS gear box and add the longer Fast Ratio Pitman arm, along with the longer C-Body idler arm (aka... fast ratio). The only concern you'll have is the shaft size of the gear box... there are two different sizes available. small sector and large sector.... '72 and earlier used the small sector 73-newer used the larger sector (as did the original T/A gear box also use the larger sector).

Then... be certain to ONLY use a Saginaw PS pump... the Federal PS pump does NOT keep up with high rpms and rapid motion steering response... it actually kills the PS efforts that you need and expect.

gtxno1

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys what are those braces for in the upper rear wheel well areas thanks

CUDAGOLD

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys,

I apologize for hijacking just a smidge, but could I buy a T/A Fast Ratio power steering and put it in a 71 Barracuda? I had my steering box rebuilt and it's just awful. Mine's a PS car. Thanks, Erik.
I know where there are a few but no one wants to pay for them. Few years back they were around $ 850 plus $ 300 for the fast ratio Pittman arm with raised lettering. Now I see the T/A PS boxes selling for $ 1200 alone. Also, you will to have them inspected and re-sealed which firm feel can do. I would have firm feel re-build the box with either a stage 2 or stage 3 (depending on firmness) add the positive caster A - Arm adjusters and a C-Body idler arm to eliminate the AAR/T/A hyper steering. But again, many don't want to pay for a T/A box

CUDAGOLD

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 Firm Feel Stage 3 boxes and they are awesome.
I keep getting talked into a Firm Feel stage 2. If its a 340, not a big block, then I would think that stage 3 would be better. The only issue is parking but at higher speed I think I would want a stage 3....what are your thoughts?

70chall440

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have never driven a car with a stage 2 box however i have a good friend with a 73 Cuda and he has a stage 2 box and states pretty frequently that he wishes he would have gone stage 3. All I can tell you is that the stage 3 is VERY responsive so much so that the first time I drove my Challenger I thought something was wrong as there was no slop and a lot of road feel. It reminded me a lot of my 10 Challenger RT or even 01 ACR GTS Viper.

I want as good handling as I can get in my cars and that to me means a Stage 3 box. Each to his own and I know there are some on here and other forums which state that the S3 box is "too twitchy" for their taste.

Mopar Mitch

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have never driven a car with a stage 2 box however i have a good friend with a 73 Cuda and he has a stage 2 box and states pretty frequently that he wishes he would have gone stage 3. All I can tell you is that the stage 3 is VERY responsive so much so that the first time I drove my Challenger I thought something was wrong as there was no slop and a lot of road feel. It reminded me a lot of my 10 Challenger RT or even 01 ACR GTS Viper.

I want as good handling as I can get in my cars and that to me means a Stage 3 box. Each to his own and I know there are some on here and other forums which state that the S3 box is "too twitchy" for their taste.
I've driven a FF Stage-2... not overly impressed. I went with FF Stage-3 on my recent T/A ps box rebuild ... much better at Stage-3.... and by no-means is it stiff or hard to steer, even at low speeds or parking.. and I further have 10" wide rims/tires, as well as a small 11.5" diameter steering wheel.

Everyone I know who has had a stage-2 rebuild done by FF says they wish they would've gone Stage-3.. at least to truly get a noticeable difference in the rebuild vs the old worn out PS box.

I would also suggest that ONLY the Saginaw design PS pumps be used... the Federal PS pumps are much too slow and cannot keep up with fast motion demands, especially at increased RPMs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back