• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

1971 barracuda project

jamey

Reaction score
(Moderator's note: Since Jamey has decided to keep the project to build and enjoy I've been asked to move the thread from the cars for sale section to the member's restoration section, but I'm going to leave the thread intact, as is, from the beginning so we can see some of the background on the car and watch how it went from a for sale project to a build project - ramenth)

1971 barracuda 318,904,8 3/4. This is a project car that is not rusty, but led a rough life. It has a rust free cowl and fire wall, rust free frame rails and trunk floor. doors are rust free as well is the trunk lid and hood. The floors have dents and a poor repair done. The quarters are decent with one having a patch in the bottom.

I bought lots of parts not knowing what I was going to get into. I have both quarters, trunk extensions, and outer wheel wells from amd. front and rear floors from goodmark, both inner fenders one nos one goodmark, and a 26" core support from amd. I also have a 4 speed tunnel and panel between the trunk and rear window.

Some original panels could be saved, but I'm no body man, and it would have been easier for me to replace.

I have a great looking black front and rear door panels, and core buckets and rear seat. Dash is a 3 speaker with cracks.

I have a restoreable grille, correct front valance, and valance grille, correct 71 fenders without gills.

$13,000 firm. Pm me if interested

front 1.jpg

front 2.jpg

interior 1.jpg

interior 2.jpg

side 2.jpg

trunk 2.jpg

trunk lid.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

trex

Reaction score
how about a nice duster send me an email and i will send some pictures

jamey

Reaction score
OK, for a short time, I'm dropping the price. $10,000 and not a penny less. My interest in this car is slowly going away, so buy it before I change my mind.

jamey

Reaction score
Car is still available, and I'm lowering my price for now. My enthusiasm for this car is diminishing. $10,000. and I will not lower it any more.

jamey

Reaction score
Yes it still is available. I am replacing the inner fenders right now. If I do more work to the car it will go up in price or I may just keep it.

jamey

Reaction score
Spartansburg. Kind of between Erie and Meadville.

Brads70

Reaction score
Does it have a hood? If so which one? Do you have all the original parts? Meaning what's missing? Can you post a picture of the grill?
Thanks Brad

jamey

Reaction score
It has the standard cuda hood. I have all of the 71 specific parts except the two metal brackets that attach the grille to the fenders. I'll put up a pic of the grille soon.

BlakeLSU4ME

Reaction score
I have a thread posted/ awaiting approval in wanted section about trading my play truck for a cuda. Any interest? The thread has pictures and a description in it. Thanks for your time

pagilman

Reaction score
Sorry, didn't see your from meadville, might like to see car if a deal i'm working on goes threw.....i'm about 2 1/2 hours away, used to work in erie and meadville, Walt

jamey

Reaction score
Some updates of the car. The inner fenders and core support have been replaced. Other than a little finish welding and grinding they are done. Next will be the floors.

If you are interested in the car contact me as the price will be changing from now on as I am working on the car.

Sorry, I'm not interested in any trades unless it is a 1967 gtx project that is very solid.

I will also add some pics of the grille and other parts people were wondering about. I will also post pics of progress as I work on it.

Thanks Jamey

IMG_1602.jpg

IMG_1603.jpg

IMG_1604.jpg

IMG_1605.JPG

jamey

Reaction score
Here are pics of the grille, not perfect but fixable.

IMG_1640.JPG

IMG_1641.JPG

IMG_1642.JPG

IMG_1639.jpg

jamey

Reaction score
Here are the door panels. Very nice driver quality as they do have some minor scuffing.

IMG_1633.JPG

IMG_1634.JPG

IMG_1635.jpg

IMG_1636.jpg

Back