• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

WTB 1971 Challenger or Cuda Convertible decklid torsion rod

Status
Not open for further replies.

QuickBpBp

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Contact seller
I know it's a long shot but looking for a 1971 E-body Decklid torsion bar. It is a single torsion rod convertible specific and from what I understand a one year only. Let me know what you have. Thanks in advance!

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I think I have an extra single around somewhere. The one that was in the car barely held it ajar so I found a replacement that was only slightly better. Then I realized that the bracket that holds them was fatigued and torn so I repaired it and it helped a little more but still only holds it open a few inches. I gave up on it after that and just figured the T/A spoiler that somebody added long ago wasn’t helping the situation. I did pick up the brackets and springs for a dual set-up years ago with the intention of replacing the single set-up before a repaint but I’m not sure I’m the guy that’s going to repaint my vert.

brotow

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 70 chall vert and will be adding a t/a spoiler, trunk opens fine without the spoiler now, I will also be painting it myself, I am going with go mango, single stage. Reason for that is it is difficult to paint metallic, go mango has little or no metallic, and if I need to touch up a scratch or repaint a small area chances it will match easier.
20170820-144535.jpg
20170830-184122.jpg

QuickBpBp

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I think I have an extra single around somewhere. The one that was in the car barely held it ajar so I found a replacement that was only slightly better. Then I realized that the bracket that holds them was fatigued and torn so I repaired it and it helped a little more but still only holds it open a few inches. I gave up on it after that and just figured the T/A spoiler that somebody added long ago wasn’t helping the situation. I did pick up the brackets and springs for a dual set-up years ago with the intention of replacing the single set-up before a repaint but I’m not sure I’m the guy that’s going to repaint my vert.

Is it from a convertible? Hardtop is different due to the location of the brackets and the different wheel housings...

ldr

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you might try one from a 71 satellite , I had the same problem years ago if I remember correct the 71 sattlite was the same as the challenger convert, I think.

QuickBpBp

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
you might try one from a 71 satellite , I had the same problem years ago if I remember correct the 71 sattlite was the same as the challenger convert, I think.

Ok I will check into that...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back