• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

1971 Cuda 408ci RestoMod Street/Strip

Steve Wisniewski

Reaction score
IMG_6935.JPG
IMG_6935.JPG
IMG_7135.JPG
IMG_6935.JPG
IMG_7135.JPG

I've been working on this rust pile for 6yrs now. I've had it for 11yrs but it was so rusted it took me 10s felt like100s of hours of wirewheel grinding just to get the rust off of it inside and out. I received it stripped of everything in and out no engine or trans, no interior, no seats, just a bare metal structure naked to the rusty bone! I will NEVER do that again! HA! I will send it out to be media blasted if I ever have to work on a rust bucket like this one again! Still lots to do but it will move under it's own power!

Last edited:

moparlee

Reaction score
:welcome: to the site Steve (even though you did join 5 yrs ago).
We missed out on all of your progress and you have come a long way. Good job and it looks good. BTW, did you get all shook up today? Hope everything is ok.

rklein71

Reaction score
Love it! Here is my restomod 71, BHG car, with a four speed and a 408. Planning on installing a Holley Sniper EFI soon. Rod

IMG_0799.JPG

IMG_1987.JPG

Steve Wisniewski

Reaction score
Nice work Rod, Your garage looks like mine! HA! In Use! I Need to do what you did to the back half of my car to get it right. Honestly, it looks overwhelming to tackle that without ever doing it before! One day :)

Steve Wisniewski

Reaction score
:welcome: to the site Steve (even though you did join 5 yrs ago).
We missed out on all of your progress and you have come a long way. Good job and it looks good. BTW, did you get all shook up today? Hope everything is ok.

MoparLee
Yes, we did! Everything is ok but what a ride! My Cuda was on jack stands and stayed put! Thank God we had very little damage in our neighborhood and no fatalities that we know of in the Anchorage area!

hellrats

Reaction score
I love the 71, best looking year Cuda' in my eyes :)

rklein71

Reaction score
Nice work Rod, Your garage looks like mine! HA! In Use! I Need to do what you did to the back half of my car to get it right. Honestly, it looks overwhelming to tackle that without ever doing it before! One day :)

I have never done it before either. I went slow, mocked every panel with self-tapping screws and made sure everything was just the way I wanted it before I welded anything. I also had a couple auto body buddies come over and give their input. I am very pleased with it. You can do it.

I made my own red neck rotisserie as well, and it fit in my two car garage. Rod

IMG_3095.JPG

Back