• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

SOLD 1971 Dodge Challenger

Status
Not open for further replies.

ed-pv

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Up for sale is my 1971 Dodge Challenger. It is a 1971 but the more desireable1970 front end was put on by the previous owner. It is an original 318 car and as far as I can tell the motor and trans are original to the car. It does have the R/T badging and stripes but it is not an R\T. The paint is REALLY nice with VERY FEW flaws. Shows great as you can see in the pictures. This car is part of my collection and I am just thinning the herd a bit. Mechanically, it is excellent! Starts up no problem every time and runs down the highway great. Brakes work great. Everything works on the car as far as I can tell except for the windshield wipers (missing windshield wiper switch) and radio (has stock AM radio). It does have 6x9 speakers on the rear package tray but they don't appear to be hooked up. All the gauges in the dash work including Speedometer, Fuel Gauge, Temp gauge and Ammeter.

There is an aftermarket oil pressure gauge that works. Car has EXCELLENT oil pressure! I've driven the car for long distances in very hot weather and the temp gauge doesn't even get 1/4 of the way up! The interior is not original, but very nicely done. The front seats are very comfortable and the rear seats are upholstered to match the front seats. Headliner and carpet all look GREAT! I purchased this car from a guy with a large car collection and it really has not seen much driving at all in the past 20 years! Wheels and tires are EXCELLENT and look great on the car! Rear end is the heavy duty 489 case and it is a SureGrip!

Bumpers were painted to match the car and the trim as powder coated black. It was very nicely done! All the glass is good and all the windows operate as they should. I have had the car on a lift and have a lot of pictures of the underneath of the car. This is probably one of the most solid E-Body Mopars I have every seen and I have owned A LOT of them! All the body panels, trunk pan, floor pans appear to be stock and in GREAT shape. The Challenger sounds GREAT, Looks GREAT and runs GREAT! These Challengers are getting very hard to find and you will be hard pressed to find another one in this nice a shape for any price! I am in Jacksonville, FL and will show it by appointment. May possibly trade for the right 60's or 70's Muscle car. Clean Clear Florida Title. $33,000
IMG_9239.jpg
IMG_9245.jpgIMG_9247.jpgIMG_9259.jpgIMG_9263.jpgIMG_9266.jpgIMG_9277.jpgIMG_9284.jpg

IMG_1922.jpg

1972CudaV21

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like someone removed the V.I.N. tag, glued in a dash cap and re-riveted the tag over the plastic cap, with incorrect rivets?

ed-pv

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like someone removed the V.I.N. tag, glued in a dash cap and re-riveted the tag over the plastic cap, with incorrect rivets?
Not sure about that, but it does have a cap on the dash. I think the car at one time went through Mecum Muscle car auction at one point in it's life and they check things like that closely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back