• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

1972 Challenger International Export on Fender Tag

MAK

Reaction score
Does anyone know the specifics about 1972 Dodge Challengers that were built with an I on the Fender Tag denoting for International Export.. My Challenger has this and all I can find out is there were a handful built for export to Switzerland and or France. The Challenger is the original bright red, 340 4BBL, auto with white interior and would've had a white vinyl top.

quapman

Reaction score
Quite a few cars were ordered overseas by military personnel, but never actually got exported. The "I" denotes that the car was ordered outside the U.S. Is there a Y code?

MAK

Reaction score
Quite a few cars were ordered overseas by military personnel, but never actually got exported. The "I" denotes that the car was ordered outside the U.S. Is there a Y code?
I don't see a Y code on the fender tag.. The full tag describes it as a 1972 Dodge Challenger H 340 4BBL Bright Red, White or black interior, White vinyl top, dual exhaust, dual chrome tips, auto, and a few other misc such as drip moldings, tinted windows, woodgrain console, etc..

MAK

Reaction score
Just trying to find out if the car is more rare than a car ordered from the U.S. or Canada..

Back