• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

1972 Challenger Rallye

Logger10

Reaction score
I bought my car partially disassembled, supposedly all the parts are there....
It is completely apart now and the body work is moving ahead. I have never done a restoration before but my help has. I am choosing to replace anything suspect and so far have replaced the rear quarters and trunk bottom. I chose to use AMD parts, they were well recommended by locals. My question to you experienced folk is, are AMD body parts a good choice? I still need door skins, trunk lid, front fenders and chrome trim parts....If these are the better choice for parts, where is the best place to acquire them. I live in BC Canada. Photos to come.
Thank you in advance for your help!!

RUNCHARGER

Reaction score
AMD is the best choice. Good original doors can usually be found and I prefer them. I also prefer original trunk lids but they are not usually easy to find. I have AMD fenders on my green car and they are usable with some fitting. I live in Kelowna.

Sheldon

Logger10

Reaction score
AMD is the best choice. Good original doors can usually be found and I prefer them. I also prefer original trunk lids but they are not usually easy to find. I have AMD fenders on my green car and they are usable with some fitting. I live in Kelowna.

Sheldon
Thank you Sheldon, I am in Port Alberni.

moparleo

Reaction score
Naturally. OEM is always the best if available, and so far AMD is the most recommended of the aftermarket sheet metal. The most important part is the installer. They make or break a project.

Logger10

Reaction score
IMG_2728.JPG
Just finished all the major body parts, AMD quarters, trunk lid, trunk bottom, drivers door skin.....time to put it away while I leave for work.

IMG_6923.JPG

Logger10

Reaction score
Its been awhile but here are another couple of pics of my 72 Rallye. I chose the Holley Sniper EFI as the carb was missing. Drove it on the trailer this time for storage as I leave again for the summer. The front fenders are just waiting to go on and hopefully finish paint in Sept/Oct.

IMG_0067.JPG

IMG_4050.JPG

Back