• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

1973 Cuda Restoration

Pappa1

Reaction score
Hey All,

Of course I am new to the forum, thus the reason for the intro and write up.

I bought my 1973 'Cuda 340 back in 1977, am only the second owner, and YUP, I kept it ALL these years! It is all original (of course batteries, tires, that kinda stuff are not) numbers matching, has less than 75K original miles, but is in desperate need of restoration before wasting away to nothingness. In 1983 I "put the 'Cuda up” as I was being stationed to Okinawa and the car stayed that way for many long years. In 1991 or so, since I had only a few more years left in the military, and thought I wasn't going to get reassigned anymore, I started to restore the ole girl. I took out the front and rear glass, stripped out all the decaying rubber/feathers, etc., removed the dash and AC so I could upgrade/repair the wiring, and started a little body work. Well, the military had other plans for me, namely the first Gulf War, a little skirmish in Haiti, and then a few other countries. After retiring in 1999, life kicked in and overseas work continued, then Afghanistan, etc., and my ‘Cuda sat…untouched but well “packaged”. In 2014, the wifey said enough and I really retired…she also said to restore the ‘Cuda by our 45th anniversary or sell it. Of course, I chose the restore option but after opening the 23-year-old package, I was saddened, optimistic, and wanting to go back to work in order to pay for all that was needed. Well, now I am knee deep into the resto, trying to keep it as original as possible while making it safe, reliable, and enjoyable to ride and be seen in. The 45th anniversary is just a couple of years away, I am not sure financially I will meet the deadline, but God willing all will work out well.

If any of you “ole pro’s” have advice, info, do’s or don’ts, I am very good at listening to success and learning from other’s mistakes in order to achieve my goal. I’ll post a few pics of the car, before, during, and current in the restoration project forum. I hope y’all enjoy, or at least have a good laugh as I stumble through this fantastic (and very expensive) life experience.

HAPPY FORTH of JULY!!!!

rbbruno3

Reaction score
Thanks for your service:thumbsup: it’s Great you’ve kept it all these years. Now dig in and get it done. If you run into any snags just ask ,someone here will help you out. ( just don’t ask for money we’re all in that same boat LOL )

Last edited:

Pappa1

Reaction score
Nope no money wanted, but I just can't believe the ridiculous prices of some of the parts, especially OE or NOS. Talk about highway robbery and then they add on unbelievable shipping charges!!! :drama: :mad:

Happy Forth of July to ALL! :usflag:

moparlee

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from mid Michigan. That's going to be a very nice Cuda project. Lots of good people here with lots of knowledge. We are here to help.

Back