• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

1973 CUDA - Time delay relay ?

Ralph

Reaction score
Does anyone know what this is ?
It is under the dash near the steering column, in the chrysler manual under accessory wiring - barracuda I found " accessory lamps & time delay relay " that looks like this as best I can tell
It gets hot and not sure if I should replace it or try to disconnect it or buy another one. It seem to be in line with the map light and starter ignition lamp.

Does anyone know what it does and where i can get another one ?

thanks for your assistance.
DSCN7747.JPG
DSCN7752.JPG

Steve340

Reaction score
It appears to be the A01 light group timer delay unit. It controls the delay on the switch panel floodlight and the ignition key illumination.
It does not control the map light but the map light is part of the A01 group.
Summit Racing has them. About $15

Ralph

Reaction score
thanks, so the light will go out after a certain amount of time at the ignition key illumination, etc ? May I ask what is the switch panel floodlight ?

quapman

Reaction score
The timer controls two lights... one that lights the headlight switch (panel floodlight) and one that lights the ignition key. They usually go off anywhere between 20 and 90 seconds after you close the driver's side door.

Steve340

Reaction score
Just to add to quapman's explanation - the switch panel floodlight is in the dash illumination light bar at the left hand end up above headlight/wiper switches. Removing the light bar will allow you to access it.
The A01 group is a neat feature I kinda like it.

Ralph

Reaction score
Now I am getting the whole picture.
Saw that it was a separate wire and now understand how it works.
Thanks to all

Back