• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

2-Speed motor parking problem; '72 Cuda

Tobtech

Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm having trouble with a '72 Cuda 2-speed wiper motor. Car has a new wiring harness and I'm troubleshooting someone elses wiring job. Its a new American Autowire and everything looks okay. Nothing worked when I started but I fixed some wiring issues and the grounds and I now have LOW and HIGH but no park. It appears the blue PARK wire should be at 12 volts with the switch off and it tests correct right at the motor. I'm also assuming that the motor uses the ground at the firewall to park since the green wire from the switch is only grounded in HI and LOW positions. I have 12 volts (+) between the blue at the motor and the motor itself but still doesn't park. I have also confirmed I have a 2-speed switch and a 2-speed motor. Here are the wires that I have:

WHITE (at switch only) = 12 volts with key on
BROWN = LOW
RED = HIGH
BLUE = PARK (12 volts with switch in the OFF position)
GREEN = Ground for Low and High speeds (grounds through switch body in the HI and LOW positions)

I haven't worked on many Mopars compared to others. Any help on what to look for next would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Toby (aka Tobtech)

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
Often the wipers get hung up on the chrome on the bottom of the windshield so the park circuit switch in the wiper motor will burn out as it cannot shut off , it seems you have tested everything else so likely this is the problem that you will need to have the motor repaired .

Tobtech

Reaction score
Often the wipers get hung up on the chrome on the bottom of the windshield so the park circuit switch in the wiper motor will burn out as it cannot shut off , it seems you have tested everything else so likely this is the problem that you will need to have the motor repaired .
Thanks for the reply. So this may have been damaged already at some point? I haven't even connected to the transmission yet since I wanted to make sure it all worked first. I seem to recall a Challenger I worked on a while back that would not park in the correct spot and I opened up the back of the motor and the cam was in the wrong position. I was able to fix that one but since this one does not attempt to park at all I figured it was a different issue. Either way, looks like I have to pull the motor back out so I might as well open it up.

Thanks

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
It is a very common problems with E bodies ,so yes it could have been damaged in the past .

Back