• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

3 speaker dash gril

Ante778

Reaction score
Hi!
Please Can someone give me outer dimensions as well as holes CC dimensions for screw holes. I'll try to make my own, of the right and left speaker grill!

tonysrt

Reaction score
I can give you outside dimension of grille for the left & right speaker is approx. 4 1/2" from windshield and 5" wide. Grilles are screwed in and impossible to give you how the grille screws are positioned. I don't remember if the grilles had studs or use screws to secure them. Probably did it 30 years ago but car came with 3 speaker dash.

tonysrt

Reaction score
The grilles are also curved to match the dash. Probably easiest is to find a used set, unless they repro them. You would probably have to use something fairly thin to follow the curvature of the dash. The grilles are about 3/4" from windshield.

Ante778

Reaction score
I can give you outside dimension of grille for the left & right speaker is approx. 4 1/2" from windshield and 5" wide. Grilles are screwed in and impossible to give you how the grille screws are positioned. I don't remember if the grilles had studs or use screws to secure them. Probably did it 30 years ago but car came with 3 speaker dash.

Ante778

Reaction score
Ok!
understand it is hard to find! I know it is curved but that can i meaesure from my new daschboard. It would be fine to have the measure between the screw hole!

rbbruno3

Reaction score
16BE9A1D-9881-4775-9C96-5F776B935900.jpeg
3 7/8” + -

tonysrt

Reaction score
After seeing above post went out and looked at mine again and in NY we have a big registration sticker that actually blocked those 2 screws that made me think it was secured under dash. Glad somebody else had it loose to show you.

fasjac

Reaction score
Damn. I have two somewhere. I’ll look tomorrow and if I can locate them will measure for you. Like the rest have mentioned the curvature and how close to the the glass they are, the originals would look the best.

fasjac

Reaction score
I cannot locate in a timely manor. I do have em with speakers. Sorry

fk5aar

Reaction score
Isn’t there a rh and lh? Mine are marked lh and the but they both seem to be the same and fit on the other side....

tonysrt

Reaction score
There is a different part # for left and right grille so must be different. 70-71 Cuda the same # and only 71 Challenger same part #. Evidently 70 Challenger different.

tonysrt

Reaction score
The best way to get the curvature would be a thin piece of tin and place over the opening and press down to get correct shape. Maybe cut up a tin can with the dimensions above or even a piece of smoke pipe.

Back