• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

3 speed wiper switch

BSG

Reaction score
While wiring up my barn burn 71 RT I came across my first 2 issues. 1st the wiper switch has 2 more blades than the dash harness connector has. After hitting the guys over at M&H who build the harness's for year one the guy say it looks like I have a 72 and later switch that takes a 1 piece connector while the 70 and 71's take a 2 piece connector. I have not confirmed yet but I don't believe there is another pigtail laying around in that area unplugged.. I will check when I get home. Secondly the used dash has a relay that is located on the lower rt hand side and the harness doesn't have anything for it either. I don't recall my 72 having that there. Any input on these 2 problems would be great as the moment I get at least the wiper switch issue handled. I can drop the dash in finally see what dropping the clutch feels like in a BB Mopar.

wiper switchjpeg.png

marks ebody

Reaction score
sounds to me like you got a 1970 Loom
if it is a three wire relay I believe that’s your key buzzer 70 only.
In the picture you do you need another terminal
The insert picture is a 72 and later three speed wiper switch

image.jpg

EW1BH27

Reaction score
Here's what the connections for '70 - '71 (2 & var. speed) wiper switches look like.

Swc2sp.JPG

SwcVarsp.JPG

Steve340

Reaction score
I have a 1971 with 3 speed factory wipers and my switch looks like the one posted by EW1BH27
The switch is part number 2770380

Mine for sure does not have that little box/pack on the side of the switch.
Is that some kind of intermittent relay?
Just guessing here.

BSG

Reaction score
I'm going to bet that's what makes it intermittent? Hopefully M&H will email me with what color goes on what blade?

wipe3jpeg.jpg

wipe2jpeg.jpg

wipe1jpeg.png

devinism

Reaction score
I'm going to bet that's what makes it intermittent? Hopefully M&H will email me with what color goes on what blade?

View attachment 98836

View attachment 98837

View attachment 98838
The thing hanging off the side is the resistor set that regulates the speed. It is in fact a 1972-1974 3sp switch. It will work fine with your motor (assuming you have a 3sp / variable speed motor.
If M&H doesn't come through with the colors let me know.

Devin

Steve340

Reaction score
Seems a shame to dismantle the wiring and I assume not use the plastic connector blocks. Is getting the earlier switch a better option?

BSG

Reaction score
thanks for all the help it works great!

Back