• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

WTB 340 Main Caps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rich G.

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good luck. I got lucky and found a set on e bay that worked. The machine shop that did my line bore also had a set but told me they wouldn’t work on my engine. Here’s there number you can talk to them about it. Automotive Machine 908-687-8585

aussiemark

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You will need to line bore the block make sure it's a good shop with quality machines and most important skilled machinist. They should give the caps a light skim then set the machine up to take most of the material out of the caps rather then the block. 318 caps fit the 340 they would be easier to find same crank journal size or now would be a great time to fit some aftermarket steel caps as you need to line bore it anyway.

PRO-GRAM ENGINEERING M340C2 CENTER MAIN CAPS - SBM $266.95 BUY ONLINE
Milodon 11300 Main Cap Kit - 318 / 340

AUSTA

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for a set of 340 main bearing caps. Any leads would be appreciated, Thanks
I used the 4 bolt splayed caps from Milidon as shown in marks reply i have a set of originals but shipping from Australia would be a deal breaker you would still need to line bore see pics windage tray still fits done around 5,000 mile 392 stroker no problems. if you buy Milidon you will still need the 2 end caps

MILIDON4.jpg

MILIDON4A.jpg

jofis

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you guys. I really wanted pro-gram but they are out and not running them for awhile. I need two more centers and will be running a girdle. Its for my 416.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back