• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

340 V Belts/Pulleys

Steve340

Reaction score
Does anyone have any pics or info/advice of the pulleys and v belt configuration on a 1972 Cuda with power steering only?
The engine is currently fitted with a 4 groove crank pulley and a 3 groove water pump pulley.
I believe these are not correct?
Any thoughts or info appreciated.

Reaction score
This is for a 340 right? From memory, water pump has a single pulley, crank has a double pulley and I think the outer pulley on the crank is slightly larger than the inner pulley.
The inner pulley is for the alternator, outer for the ps pump. Your setup sounds like it's for a/c. Ill try to come up with a picture or part numbers, might take me awhile. Ken

Steve340

Reaction score
Yes correct for the 340 motor.
I think you may be right somehow this motor has ended up with AC pulleys.
I looked at several adverts of cars for sale but could not find a pic with enough detail.

Steve340

Reaction score
This is for a 340 right? From memory, water pump has a single pulley, crank has a double pulley and I think the outer pulley on the crank is slightly larger than the inner pulley.
The inner pulley is for the alternator, outer for the ps pump. Your setup sounds like it's for a/c. Ill try to come up with a picture or part numbers, might take me awhile. Ken

I found a set all painted and just right on EBAY for 85 USD so I am all set
Thanks for you help Regards Steve

Back