• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

35 Years....

73Challengr

Reaction score
Hi all!

After 35 years I finally got my 1973 Dodge Challenger on my 50th Birthday!

When I was 15, my good friends sister had a 73 Challenger Rallye. Since that time, it has always been THE CAR for me. 35 years later, I found a very good "local show driver" and bought it on my 50th birthday.

1973 Rallye, 340 4BBL, 20 over, balanced, strongish cam...i'm very happy with it. I don't plan to do much to it, i've got a 4 year old so my next 20 years of money is already spoken for LOL. But maybe the FITech or Holly Sniper Fuel injection and a Vintage or Classic Air system.
DFQ_Cropped.jpg
DRQ_Cropped.jpg
340_Cropped.jpg
2020-03-31 19.21.21.jpg

Last edited:

FLY'NFISH

Reaction score
Welcome! Gorgeous car and Happy 50th to you!! Your car for 73 would be a Rallye not R/T right? Regardless great car.

moparlee

Reaction score
Happy Birthday and welcome to the site from Michigan. I'd say the wait was well worth it, that is a sweet looking '73 Rallye.

fasjac

Reaction score
Welcome from Little Rock!! Super nice car! And, nice birthday gift. Happy Birthday as well. Glad you’re here

Locomotion

Reaction score
Brings back memories because my first car was a '72 Rallye 340 decked out just like that. Rallye Red and I even painted the hood the same. But I didn't have the T/A chin spoilers or Go-Wing.

But I gotta ask.....did someone do the bumper conversion? Your bumpers are '72. They had the big bumper guards in '73 & '74.

Big AL

Reaction score
Hi all!

After 35 years I finally got my 1973 Dodge Challenger on my 50th Birthday!

When I was 15, my good friends sister had a 73 Challenger Rallye. Since that time, it has always been THE CAR for me. 35 years later, I found a very good "local show driver" and bought it on my 50th birthday.

1973 Rallye, 340 4BBL, 20 over, balanced, strongish cam...i'm very happy with it. I don't plan to do much to it, i've got a 4 year old so my next 20 years of money is already spoken for LOL. But maybe the FITech or Holly Sniper Fuel injection and a Vintage or Classic Air system.View attachment 69792 View attachment 69793 View attachment 69794 View attachment 69795

If you are going with fuel Injection system you may want to check out this system I have on my 70 R/T. 2.0 Fast EZ-efi
1970-dodge-challenger-rt.jpg

73Challengr

Reaction score
Brings back memories because my first car was a '72 Rallye 340 decked out just like that. Rallye Red and I even painted the hood the same. But I didn't have the T/A chin spoilers or Go-Wing.

But I gotta ask.....did someone do the bumper conversion? Your bumpers are '72. They had the big bumper guards in '73 & '74.
The previous owner did say he put new bumpers on the car. I bet he bought the 72's to clean it up. The setup really caught my eye when I looked at it. I knew it was a little custom but didn't know exactly how so I appreciate the info. Ya the chin spoilers, go-wing and bumpers add a little something cool without going all out resto mod.

Back