• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

426 hemi dream

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
They should work together But I believe you can do a lot better than Eddy for Hemi Cyl heads .
My friend bought the early 440 rpm heads 7 had problems with almost everything , valves hit the pistons because the valve location was not accurate & the rockers had issues as well for the same reason.
If you are buying the stroker kit from Mancini I bet Mancini has a good option for the heads as well .

Cudachuck

Reaction score
They should work together But I believe you can do a lot better than Eddy for Hemi Cyl heads .
My friend bought the early 440 rpm heads 7 had problems with almost everything , valves hit the pistons because the valve location was not accurate & the rockers had issues as well for the same reason.
If you are buying the stroker kit from Mancini I bet Mancini has a good option for the heads as well .
Ill give them a call to see if the have a top end kit also

Cudachuck

Reaction score
Who would you use for the heads?

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
Well that is a good question as I have not really researched it but I would start by contacting some of the best builders such as FHO in Canaduh & Ray Barton & see what they recommend as they are building Hemis for customers every day , I Don't believe Muscle Motors in Lansing is still around but worth checking , I used to deal with Erik there .

mmissile

Reaction score
There are many great engine builders. My guy is a one man outfit [Lansing Mi.]. It's slow, but I can count on what he builds. The big shops have different employees working on stuff. Talk to people you see and like their stuff. They'll give ya the skinny. Some shops are crazy-priced, doing what any other skilled builder can do for less.

If you're buying a new "mega-block" type piece....it doesn't cost anymore to go bigger on the stroke and bore. It's like free power.

Right now, everybody is at the mercy of no employees...thru-out the supply chain. Prices are going up, and sometimes simple things are on back-order.

Last edited:

mmissile

Reaction score
My guy built the hemi in my avatar. It's a 496[baby] on a street-hemi block, pump-gas [93 octane], with Mopar/Canfield heads. The Eddy heads are similar. It made 886 and 730 @ 7400. You can spend a ton more, but the dollar to power ratio really changes. I built a whiz-bang high-dollar engine [504 cid] with all the Jesel stuff, Ti-valves, Hogan tunnel-ram, dominators, etc....and made about 40 horse more. It was also 8-10K more money. Neither has had any issues. The right guys can get about 440cfm outta the mopar-type heads.
hemi 578 intake ports.jpg
hemi 578 intake port.jpg

You can be smart, and still be a "cool" hemi guy.... either way. There will always be the guy who spends more and is faster.
000_0168.JPG

Last edited:
Back