• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

440 big block aluminum heads ?

alex perini

Reaction score
Looking for alittle more power and less weight bolt on Which heads should I get e street edelbrock or stealth and who has the best roller rockers for a good price

sanman68

Reaction score
I just built a 440 stroker and I used 440 source CNC'd heads. For roller rockers I would say get good ones, Comp cams pro magnums are the ones I would use.

Adam

Reaction score
440 source are made in China, Edelbrock are USA, just sayin.

IQ52

Reaction score
Looking for alittle more power and less weight bolt on Which heads should I get e street edelbrock or stealth and who has the best roller rockers for a good price
Are those the only cylinder heads you will consider?

TC_Cuda

Reaction score
I used 440 source, and they were almost a bolt on.... I had to grind most of the push rod holes for clearance. Other than that they worked fine.
I did change springs after a season of driving ( only about 500 miles ) as I found one of them to be weak when I did a pressure check on the springs. I was, at the time, trying to find a top end "miss" I also did other things and now no miss, so I cant say if the spring caused it, but it was "under speck"

To be clear, I am satisfied with the heads, especially with the cost, but, they will need a little work.

just my 2 cents

alex perini

Reaction score
I used 440 source, and they were almost a bolt on.... I had to grind most of the push rod holes for clearance. Other than that they worked fine.
I did change springs after a season of driving ( only about 500 miles ) as I found one of them to be weak when I did a pressure check on the springs. I was, at the time, trying to find a top end "miss" I also did other things and now no miss, so I cant say if the spring caused it, but it was "under speck"

To be clear, I am satisfied with the heads, especially with the cost, but, they will need a little work.

just my 2 cents
Are those the only cylinder heads you will consider?
I like the price tag that's why I was looking at aluminum! If there is anything in that range that's good let me know your input thanks

Mikael L.

Reaction score
I am thinking the same, a tunnel ram on my 440. Here's some specs:

Mopar performance cast Frank 5249207
BME aluminum rodd 426
Venolia Pistons 535
Brodix B1 BS heads, 65cc.
Comp cams 704 lift, 1,6 rull vippor.
Holley 1050 Dominator APD
Indy intake.
Indy maxxolje pumplock.
Indy valleypan