• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

440 RB in Barracuda question

Cud@

Reaction score
Hope someone can help me out!
I'm installing a 440 in a 71 Barracuda with poly lock motor mounts and transmission mount from PST. I installed the motor into the K member with a 727 (motor mounts lined right up on K member with no issues) then lowered the body onto the engine. Now that the engine and K member are bolted to the car it looks like the engine is slightly high on the driver side, slightly off center and slightly angled to the left rear of the can.
Is this normal?
Any help would be appreciated!
Thank you

Rich G.

Reaction score
I think you can loosen both motor mount bolts and shift the engine a little to level it.

Cud@

Reaction score
I have a Gear Vendors Overdrive intermediate housing that the rear flange is up against the passenger side of the transmission tunnel (It's really tight to the passenger side of the tunnel). I took the brackets between the engine and isolators off a 383, could these brackets be wrong even though they bolted to the 440 engine block and the isolators bolted to those brackets and to the K-member?

The motor mounts are polyurethane from PST, I did swap them but it didn't make a difference?

I don't see anything wrong with the front subframes (the K-member bolts up!).

I'm stumped, I will loosen the the motor mount bolts and see if that helps.

I think the engine can be leveled, I'm not sure how to center the tail shaft housing in the tunnel?

Thank you

Back