• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

440 six pack fuel return/vapor line routing under the hood

Righty Tighty

Reaction score
Hello all,

Apologies if this has been covered already, I tried the search function with little success. I have a '74 Barracuda with a 440-6 barrel and I'm looking for info regarding the fuel return and vapor lines. I'm pretty sure I've got the return line figured out -- I'm going to buy the Carquest fuel filter p/n 86041 -- but what about the vapor line? I think I understand the vapor line is mounted to a three nipple breather, but then where does it go?

Daves69

Reaction score
This post may interest you.........

Righty Tighty

Reaction score
Ahh, thanks a bunch! I had forgotten that some center carbs had the vent and some don’t. Mine are from 1969, so the center does not have the vent. I think that answers my question.

FE81BFEE-50E2-4C1D-88AA-F5C8E1FB7F7D.jpeg

Righty Tighty

Reaction score
I'm not running PCV yet... I do plan on getting the PCV connected, but I've had my share of issues just getting the engine tuned since buying the car, so the PCV hasn't been a priority.

Car came with an older Mopar electronic distributor, swapped in a new Summit Racing SUM-851008 billet distributor. Should've kept the old Mopar distributor, but it's too late.

Back