• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

FOR SALE 6.4L Gen 3 Hemi 70 Challenger Plum Crazy Purple 5-Speed

Status
Not open for further replies.

nick01

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Hello Everyone!

Please take care to read this entire description as I will include a lot of information below.

First, the background of this car is that it was a father/son project for about 10 years. Almost everything is brand new. Rotisserie Restoration, and assembled on a lift. I have countless pictures of the build process and 3 binders full of receipts and manuals for parts on the car. The honest reason for selling the car is that I want to start another project with my Dad. It is a good reason to spend more time together. This car started life as a 1973 but has been "cloned" to a 1970 front end.
This car was professionally appraised in 2019 for 85K. We have a clean title. Located in Columbus Ohio.

Drivetrain:
The engine started life as a 5.7L Hemi in a 2014 dodge ram with only 30,000 miles. It was then rebuilt by Fowler Performance Engines here in Columbus Ohio. It has a stroker kit from Manley that brings the engine to 6.4L and 392 cu.in. 4.050 in. stroke, 4340 Crank, 6.125in I beam connecting rods, and Manley pistons. Comp Cam XTREME Fuel Injection Hydraulic roller cam with VVT phaser and cylinder deactivation solenoids removed. 6.1L aluminum intake manifold. New front accessory cover to replace the truck style cover. 11.1:1 compression, runs on 93 pump gas. A custom dual snorkel cold air intake is installed. Fowler Engines guessed it will do over 500HP to the wheels but it has not been dynoed. The fuel injection is run by a Holley Dominator and their plug n play harnesses. Brand new multicore aluminum radiator with dual electric fans and shroud. New MSD blaster coil packs.
Optima Redtop Battery trunk mounted.
Brand new driveshaft and rear end center with posi-traction and 3.55 gearing. New Yukon axles.

Transmission:
5-speed tremec from SilverSport with a QuickTime bellhousing and hydraulic throw out bearing kit.

Flowmaster Exhaust and ceramic coated headers. There are electronic dumping valves on the exhaust hooked up to a switch on the center console. You can make the car sound refined and smooth for the highway or cruising, or flip a switch and the car cracks concrete.

Wheels:
TSW Geneva's in Gunmetal Grey. These cover Wilwood 4-piston brakes on all 4 corners. Drilled and slotted rotors. Parking brake kit from Wilwood also as well as their master cylinder. Tires are Nitto NT555 G2's.

Suspension:
Hotchkis TVS kit. Includes new upper a-arms with improved geometry, front and rear sway bars, and frame ties. The car handles awesome.

Misc. Exterior:
The exterior of the car is finished in Plum Crazy purple based on the 2015 Hellcat color. A few modern challenger parts were grafted in to update the look like side markers, taillights, and a fuel filler cap. Both bumpers were kissed in to clean it up further. The front fenders, door skins, full quarter panels, both rockers, front and rear valances, trunk lid, and hood are all BRAND NEW. Sheet metal was from Auto Metal Direct. A remote door opening kit was installed so the exterior door handles could be shaved to give the car an even cleaner look. Ring Brothers billet aluminum hood hinges, clutch reservoir, and hood pins.

The interior of the car has brand new Braum racing seats with their 5-point harnesses. Grant steering wheel. Auto Meter Ultra-Lite II gauges. Custom center console. Brand new rear seat covers, carpet, and headliner. All glass is brand new. It has a JBL sound system with 2 5-1/2 speakers up front and 6 x 9's in the rear.

Has the factory 2014 hemi A/C compressor and alternator.

There are a few things about the car that are not perfect. The interior is not perfect, also the fuel injection is not tuned by a professional yet. The A/C system has a small leak somewhere so it currently does not work. Everything in the A/C system is brand new though. The car is a driver. It has been to Mopar Nationals at National Trail Raceway and been to several other car shows. I have driven it 40 minutes to work several times. It runs and looks great, but this is not a trailer queen SEMA build.

I will throw in all the original OEM parts left over from the build including the 73 front grille assembly (headlights and grille assemblies) as well as the 73 taillights. I have entire tubs of more small stuff that you can have. I also still have the original Rallye style wheels.
You can have the nice car cover I have for it as well.

There are over 100+ pictures and some videos of the car on Bring A Trailer. I will include the link below. The listing ends on Monday 2/7 mid-day.
EVEN MORE INFO ON THE LISTING.
Thanks for looking!!!

PXL_20220122_161330804.jpg

PXL_20220122_161336869.jpg

PXL_20220111_214236089.jpg

PXL_20220111_215106407.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back