• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

70 383 R/T FC7 Prostreet project

rbbruno3

Reaction score
here she is when I brought her home in 2008. Couldn't wait to start the easy part. Ripping it apart.

009.jpg

rbbruno3

Reaction score
Wasn't the original 383 so I knew my plan. Prostreet car, always wanted one. Well equiped with nice colors and options (except brakes) Plan to put it back to original color combo. FC7 body with white gut and black top with white stripes

061.jpg

rbbruno3

Reaction score
Do your homework on the people you let work on your car. I got two 1/2 quarters with the car. I let some "body guy" put them on. Big mistake. He ruined them. you can see how it fits the top of the door. He put a kink in it. Probably could have been fixed. Not on this car though I got 2 full quarters for the next time.

056.jpg

rbbruno3

Reaction score
Off to get tubbed was next. Guy did a good job RMF Motorsports Rob Frank Mafield, NY

067.jpg

rbbruno3

Reaction score
got the car back from Rob and started saving for the next phase. Lots of sheetmetal work to be done. Brought the car back to Rob a year later. he put new full quarters ,cowl ,inner fenders, floorpans and fabricated a rocker panel as they were not making repops then.

car pics 005.jpg

challenger  quarters 005.jpg

challenger firewall 002.jpg

rbbruno3

Reaction score
This is what it looked like when Rob had finished his 2nd stint on the car. After this work, car has been sitting untill December of 2010. The reason being lack of money and another project that required way less work. I found a rustfree 68 notchback. That only needed paint ,interior, and I upgraded to a 360

004.jpg

my 68 cuda done 004.jpg

burntorange70

Reaction score
Looking good so far. Cant wait to see it come together for you. Going to be one sweet car when done.

rbbruno3

Reaction score
Thanks for the compliments Burntorange and Alleyoop.

You have built alot of nice cars Alleyoop

rbbruno3

Reaction score
Met Rick from Fredricks Autoworks at Stafford Springs swap meet. Very honest nice guy. So I brought the car to him for blast and E prime.heres a few shots. Very happy with his work.

70_Challenger_003[1].jpg

70_Challenger_004[1].jpg

70_Challenger_011[1].jpg

70_Challenger_012[1].jpg

70_Challenger_018[1].jpg

70_Challenger_015[1].jpg

70_Challenger_016[1].jpg

AlleyoopMgv

Reaction score
Met Rick from Fredricks Autoworks at Stafford Springs swap meet. Very honest nice guy. So I brought the car to him for blast and E prime.heres a few shots. Very happy with his work.

He looks like he does very nice work!

What's your plans for the drivetrain rbbruno3?

rbbruno3

Reaction score
Dang, that's come a long way from the before shot! Lookin' good!

Thanks Robert, Along way to go yet.looks like you've been busy with some projects too.Have you ever been to the Adirondack Nationals car show in Lake George NY?

ramenth

Reaction score
Thanks Robert, Along way to go yet.looks like you've been busy with some projects too.Have you ever been to the Adirondack Nationals car show in Lake George NY?

Nope. Was so busy this year I wasn't even able to make the local shows, as much as I wanted to. We've got some good cruises going on the weekends and a nice show up at the Warplane Museum every summer. First year of trying to get my own shop going so that took a lot of my time.

rbbruno3

Reaction score
are those goodmark fenders? If so how was the fit?

Yes they are, drivers side fit real good just some tweaking up near the windshield .passenger side not so good. I bought 2 thinking the first was messed up. The bottom dogleg body line dropped off at least an inch. Maybe they have changed mold since 09. if not I would check AMD. Can be fixed just extra$$$

rbbruno3

Reaction score
this is where the fender fit like crap on the drivers side. had to cut the china welds to push it down and get the right gaps. also making sure everything fits and lines up. almost ready for plastic :D

rick's_challenger_066.jpg

rick's_challenger_071.jpg

rick's_challenger_077.jpg

Back