• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

70 426 Hemi Cuda Convertible tribute

ron friedrich

Reaction score
I stumbled across a complete 1968 426 hemi engine in Seattle about 2 years ago and looked hi and low for that perfect car to stuff this monster into. I searched coast to coast and all that could be found were rusted out junk that were valued as diamonds in the ruff!
Unbelieveable a 1970 Barracuda convertible pops up on craigs list right here in Portland, Oregon. Original 383 auto car that had a 440 stuffed in it. This car had been wrecked but the owner put it into his warehouse where it sat for 35 years. The car is rust FREE!!!! The car came with a rallye dash and a radio with an 8-track player and is in pristine condition. The original engine and tranny were gone so I have decided to convert the car into a Hemi tribute car. It will retain it's original rallye red paint and white interior. It presently is with one of the most repected artists in the automotive paint industry.
Looking forward to my new membership.
Thank you,
Ron Friedrich Clackamas, Oregon

IMG_0141[1].JPG

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from the Motor City! Do I see a little body mod on the back of the rear quarters?

hofilbert

Reaction score
... I searched coast to coast and all that could be found were rusted out junk that were valued as diamonds in the ruff!
View attachment 63620
My same exact story. Everything I found was rusted out, or all new repro panels, or considered gold. I finally found a true non-rusted California car that someone already put the period correct Hemi in. I would have been happy with a 340 or 383 car, but "It's gotta Hemi!" now.
Welcome to the group!...from just N. of you in the Puget Sound.

Last edited:

rbbruno3

Reaction score
Welcome aboard, can’t believe all these convertibles popping up everywhere. Wish one would pop up near me LOL Nice project good luck with it:thumbsup:

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Why does that look so strange to me? I guess I know Challengers better than Barracudas...:rolleyes:

Reaction score
Detmatt1, step away from the dark side and join the Cuda side!! LOL!!
Nice looking project Ron, good luck with the build, from your neighbour in BC
Lots of helpful people here on this site, even some of the Challenger people!! LOL!!

DrEamer

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from a fellow Oregonian!!! I have to ask, who "is with one of the most repected artists in the automotive paint industry". Nice project by the way.

RJHJR

Reaction score
Great find!
Keep us posted with progress pictures please!

wayne

Reaction score
Welcome, looks like you have a great car for the hemi you found. Looking forward to seeing your progress.

ron friedrich

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from a fellow Oregonian!!! I have to ask, who "is with one of the most repected artists in the automotive paint industry". Nice project by the way.
OK so the first hint as to whom the artist is is that he is not located in Springfield, Oregon. And his initials are not M.W.

DrEamer

Reaction score
OK so the first hint as to whom the artist is is that he is not located in Springfield, Oregon. And his initials are not M.W.

I never considered a MW a paint artist. Some people have compared him to a scam artist, but that is not for me to be the judge of.

ron friedrich

Reaction score
My same exact story. Everything I found was rusted out, or all new repro panels, or considered gold. I finally found a true non-rusted California car that someone already put the period correct Hemi in. I would have been happy with a 340 or 383 car, but "It's gotta Hemi!" now.
Welcome to the group!...from just N. of you in the Puget Sound.
So I checked out your ride and what a sweetie. I really like the pistol grip shifter you added. Could you let me know where you purchased it? Looks great in the car instead of the little round ball. Gives the interior some added muscle!!!!!!
Thanks Ron

Back