• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

70-74 cuda passenger door shell near NC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaseyCuda

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Hey I have a 70 barracuda and while skinning the door i found some shotty body work and the shell is rusted badly and I was curious if anyone near NC has a spare door for sale or know of a mopar source. I have a new AMD skin but I need a shell. Any help is appreciated I'm making calls to locals to find a good door. Thanks.

Adam

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Electrolytic rust removal.

Door shell 1.JPGDoor Shell 2.jpg

My door shell had a lot of rust in the lower corner. I used a large trash can and battery charger to remove the rust... had to flip it over after a few hrs to do the other end. The door doesn't look too bad, but I had already started sand blasting it. The sand wasn't able to touch the rust in the corner and other hidden places.

Here is a link: http://www.instructables.com/id/Electrolytic-Rust-Removal-aka-Magic/

These instructions call for Washing Soda... I've never seen that, but it is Sodium Carbonate, also sold as Soda Ash. Used for swimming pools. Available at Home Depot or wherever...

May not save your door shell, but this trick is great to remove rust from all sorts of things, and it will not attack good metal.

Door shell 1.JPG

Door Shell 2.jpg

Last edited:

CaseyCuda

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I had caught this door maybe three years earlier maybe that would have worked but not today. I am hitting all my local haunts for another door shell. Even if it hadn't rusted the door to death the "body work" done to the frame an reinforcement bar is fucked lol. Thank you though I wish I could have saved it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back