• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

70 BH Barracuda. 4 barrel conversion?

WIMopar

Reaction score
I wanted to pick some brains out there. My 70 Barracuda still has the original 383, stock intake manifolds etc. I'm torn here. Part of me wants to make it a 'Cuda clone and 4 barrel, dual exhaust the car. The only side, wants to keep it's rare originality.

I'd like any ideas and input from you E body guys.

Thanks,

Will

FLY'NFISH

Reaction score
Very nice car! IMHO whatever you would like to do to the car to make it perform/look the way you want stick to the bolt-ons. Once you do something to it that can't be undone you may regret it. I'm sure many will chime in that have heavily modified cars and are very happy. It all depends on what makes you happy. Before I purchased my car someone had installed an AAR style spoiler. It looks amazing but don't know that I would have done it. I have done many mechanical mods but not much to the appearance and that's how I like most of my cars. Again it's juts my opinion.

Mike

TC_Cuda

Reaction score
Most people will tell you ..do what you like best, do what YOU want... You can always save the stock parts and if you ever sell the car, you will have them.
In the mean time you are driving the car YOU want. Every thing you mentioned can go right back to stock if you ever want to. Now if you start installing things like Rally Dash, that would be harder to convert back, because of wiring, but I think it would add value to the car.
just my 2 cents

Do what YOU want...

WIMopar

Reaction score
Most people will tell you ..do what you like best, do what YOU want... You can always save the stock parts and if you ever sell the car, you will have them.
In the mean time you are driving the car YOU want. Every thing you mentioned can go right back to stock if you ever want to. Now if you start installing things like Rally Dash, that would be harder to convert back, because of wiring, but I think it would add value to the car.
just my 2 cents

Do what YOU want...

That is great advice. I can make the car what I want.....and keep the stock parts if I want to go back to original. Anybody out there put a 4 barrel, intake and dual exhaust on a stock 290HP 383 two barrel??? Results???

FLY'NFISH

Reaction score
I originally had a 318 2 barrel. A nice 600 to 650 cfm carb, aluminum intake, some headers and dual exhaust would perk it up nicely without too much cost. Couldn't hurt to get some spruced up heads also.

Back