• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

70 challenger 440 manifold gasket

Shut

Reaction score
Hello to all,

I need to change the manifold gaskets and in rockauto there are a lot of, can you help me to choose one please??

Thanks in advance

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
I would use the Fel Pro 1215 , it will block the heat crossover port which helps as these cars are rarely driven in extreme cold .
I use a single fiber gasket between the intake pan & the heads on each side to keep oil from seeping up into the intake .

Shut

Reaction score
I would use the Fel Pro 1215 , it will block the heat crossover port which helps as these cars are rarely driven in extreme cold .
I use a single fiber gasket between the intake pan & the heads on each side to keep oil from seeping up into the intake .
Thank you Psycho!! Mine have heat core and I use it, because here I can use the car in the winter (without raun of course)

can you explain me this please?? I dont know??

Shut

Reaction score
Apologies because I mean manifold to exhaust gasket Psycho. Sorry my poor english

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
The factory never used gaskets between the manifold & head , if you do use gaskets they will cause leaks , I just usea small amount of copper RTV .

Shut

Reaction score
I upload 2 videos to youtube:

DetMatt1

Reaction score
I know Chrysler did not use gaskets there but I do on mine and I drive them quite often and have never had one leak. I‘m actually not a fan of RA and try not to use them if I can avoid it but I’m not in Spain. What I can’t get at my old school auto parts counters here in the Detroit area I’ll order from Summit, Mancini’s, Roseville etc…

Back