• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

70 Challenger Hood ?

Clinks68

Reaction score
What hood from the factory would have come on a 70 Challenger R/T, 440 Six Pack, Track Pack car? looking for one and would like to see some pictures of one. Thanks for the help ahead of time. will also need hood latch and hindges

moparleo

Reaction score
Are you concerned with matching it to 1970 specs or just the exterior look?
In 1970 there were no crumple zones built into the under hood structure which was changed later to allow the hood to fold up on impact.

Clinks68

Reaction score
Hi, i would like to keep it to original 70 specs. The rumor is this 70 Challenger R/T Track Pack 440 six pack Challenger that I have was purchased with a 70 hood, however just like you said they were not approved when he ordered it. He got tired of waiting and they put this AAR type snorkel hood on at the dealer so he could have his car, whether this is true? i would have no way of telling i guess. i was told this snorkel hood has the right original texture and the pins look original and line up perfect, also the hinges have a lesser spring tension than the metal hood springs. i like this hood that is on it and would like the other metal spec hood as well. i like the looks of the metal hood.

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
3 hoods available , the steel Ralley hood which most challengers have , the steel Shaker hood coded N96 which possibly was what your car was ordered with but there were supply issues in the early part of the model year , & the N94 Trans Am hood , as mentioned above the steel frame of the hoods was different in 70 only with the later hoods having a weak rib in 4 places in case of accidents

Clinks68

Reaction score
Can you tell by looking at this fender tag?

5AD872D0-81E8-4E39-A2D2-88D34BAB272D.jpeg

Clinks68

Reaction score
My Challenger has the N94 TA hood. It’s not on the fender tag. I heard some came with the hood in 1970 but it was not on the fender. I guess what I’m seeing is that I like the steel rally hood. I will start looking. Going to need the hardware as well and hinges. Or just the springs. My hinges might work.

Clinks68

Reaction score
i think i will try to find a Rally hood. like the looks, looks like I'll have to find the hood latch and hardware as well.

Clinks68

Reaction score
3 hoods available , the steel Ralley hood which most challengers have , the steel Shaker hood coded N96 which possibly was what your car was ordered with but there were supply issues in the early part of the model year , & the N94 Trans Am hood , as mentioned above the steel frame of the hoods was different in 70 only with the later hoods having a weak rib in 4 places in case of accidents
Thank you

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
No N code usually will have the Ralley hood , N85 is the ralley dash with Tach
If it was ordered with N96 Shaker it might have the N94 TA hood as a replacement .
Hinges should be fine with stronger springs , you will need the hood latch & safety catch

6PKRTSE

Reaction score
Mine had the Rallye (two scoops) hood originally. I added my custom Super Shaker. I like the look of both hoods though.

Back