• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

70 Challenger Power brake under dash linkage bolt wanted

MarksMopar1

Reaction score
Hi,
My 70 Challenger was disassembled by the previous owner.
The power brake linkage under the dash, I am missing the long bolt and spacer for the lower linkage mount.
What can be used in its place or is this bolt specific for this application?
Anyone have one for sale? In the attached picture it is the lower bolt with the nut attached.
This is the one I need, spacer as well.
Thanks

70 Challenger brake booster 3.jpg

RJH

Reaction score
Hi Mark . Is the spacer not part of the lever system. the spacer has a plastic bushing. I just removed my lower bolt . It looks like a 3/8" x 4"bolt. There is a .035 step at the head of the bolt which I believe is normal, how ever the shank of the bolt measures .340" which is less than a standard bolt. The reduced shank diameter is probably done to prevent the bolt and lever assembly from seizing up from rust. I would if you have access to a lathe is to turn a grade 5 bolt to match a proper bolt.
DSCN2394.JPG

MarksMopar1

Reaction score
RJH..
I looked again at the linkage, yes you are correct, the spacer is part of the lever system, bushings as well installed. For some reason I am missing this bolt, the troubles with inheriting someone else project. Thank you for the picture, I now know what it looks like! I can search or make one... Appreciated!

doubleyellow

Reaction score
If you are also missing the nut, be sure to use a replacement tri-lobe lock nut........Safety First !!......

GY9 Cuda

Reaction score
Would you have a picture and or measurements? I picked up a grade 8 bolt and a nylock nut. It seems to be fine, should work, but I would rather have an original part...

I will get you measurements and pics tomorrow

Back