• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

70 Challenger Power Drum Brake Master Cylinder Help

schlett7nu1

Reaction score
All
70 Challenger power drum brake master cylinder help. My original master cylinder was replaced by a previous owner. It has a bail holding the cap and the housing has no casting or stamped numbers. I'd like to hunt down an original master cylinder. I believe my original should have casting number 2660809 with the cap held down with a single top bolt and clamp. Date stamp would be on the end nose. Assembly part number may have been 2808577. Please confirm I'm searching for the right master and provide assistance on a source. I have to believe that thousands of cars came with this master since it's not disc. Plan on doing a complete brake job over winter.
thanks
Dereck

Master.JPG

schlett7nu1

Reaction score
All
70 Challenger power drum brake master cylinder help. My original master cylinder was replaced by a previous owner. It has a bail holding the cap and the housing has no casting or stamped numbers. I'd like to hunt down an original master cylinder. I believe my original should have casting number 2660809 with the cap held down with a single top bolt and clamp. Date stamp would be on the end nose. Assembly part number may have been 2808577. Please confirm I'm searching for the right master and provide assistance on a source. I have to believe that thousands of cars came with this master since it's not disc. Plan on doing a complete brake job over winter.
thanks
Dereck

View attachment 52475
I may have incorrectly concluded that my master had been replaced. There's no evidence that any of the fasteners have ever been touched. After lightly cleaning the rust off the bottom there are casting numbers present.

Master_01.JPG

Back