• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

70 Challenger rear window sheet metal

old_skool

Reaction score
Anybody make anything for this, or do you pretty much have to find someone with a salvage car for cutting purpose.
Thanks
Rich

ima2ge_zps2c5e8546.jpg

ima3ge_zpse0a62440.jpg

00f0f_jdBDW5d9tz2_600x450_zps8ef54000.jpg

Last edited:

moparlee

Reaction score
That's the deck filler panel or also called a dutchman's panel. AMD makes a good quality one plus anything else you may need. Most all of the major Mopar restoration supply houses carry them.

Adam

Reaction score
I had the same problem and used an AMD panel, it is a quality piece. also you may have to patch a bit of the window corners.
Left .jpgLside test.jpg

Left .jpg

Lside test.jpg

Last edited:

Adam

Reaction score
D7333697-641F-400C-86C7-0897CF4B7FCD.jpeg
66AFAA13-1C47-478F-8D1F-72A27842BA9C.jpeg
My panel fit very well; I don’t remember having to tweak it very much...but every panel needs some work. If you can’t trim the bottom of the panel, or the flange on the 1/4 to make it lay down, you can cut a relief slot in the side, with a dremel cut off wheel or something, push it down and weld it back up (from the inside, with a series of tacks to avoid warpage & grinding). I did have a similar issue with a fender that I fixed in this way..

Last edited:

Cbridgewater

Reaction score
View attachment 61314 View attachment 61315 My panel fit very well; I don’t remember having to tweak it very much...but every panel needs some work. If you can’t trim the bottom of the panel, or the flange on the 1/4 to make it lay down, you can cut a relief slot in the side, with a dremel cut off wheel or something, push it down and weld it back up (from the inside, with a series of tacks to avoid warpage & grinding). I did have a similar issue with a fender that I fixed in this way..

I ordered a meta shrinker/stretcher which someone recommended to increase the amount of curve in the panel, but your way may work better. Might save me $150 too

Cbridgewater

Reaction score
View attachment 61314 View attachment 61315 My panel fit very well; I don’t remember having to tweak it very much...but every panel needs some work. If you can’t trim the bottom of the panel, or the flange on the 1/4 to make it lay down, you can cut a relief slot in the side, with a dremel cut off wheel or something, push it down and weld it back up (from the inside, with a series of tacks to avoid warpage & grinding). I did have a similar issue with a fender that I fixed in this way..

Did you make that cut in the quarter to help with the gap?

Adam

Reaction score
Did you make that cut in the quarter to help with the gap?

That is a front fender. The last couple of inches hit the hood, even though the rest of the gap was even all the way down. If I adjusted the fender out to clear the hood it ruined the gap along the rest of the hood and the door. I just cut a relief, wider towards the back; pushed it together and welded it up with a series of tacks.

If you haven’t seen it I have a ton of pics in my photo album:
Challenger
Check out pics 185 and up...

Last edited:
Back