• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

70 Challenger RT 383 went through Friday Mecum Auction

budascuda

Reaction score
What is it? The prices are all over the place!
That just tells you, if you go to an auction with a dream, you might just get it!
It reminds me of a song by the Pussycat Dolls...

Screenshot_20210731-091514.png

Sorry folks, I can't post the link but if you are interested, just type in the title.

340challconvert

Reaction score

Ele115

Reaction score
When two guys that have had too much wine both want to deny the other the chance to buy the car, anything can happen. It's all psychology. Plant a shill bidder in the crowd here and there, and the sky's the limit (or the car has to go across the block again)

budascuda

Reaction score
Yes yes yes.... But the entertainment that WE get out of it is priceless!, Have you ever seen the event live? There is alot going on🤗🤗🤗
Isn't that what it's all about?

Danny Boy

Reaction score

LOT F70 ORLANDO 2021 JULY 28-31​

1970 DODGE CHALLENGER R/T​

383 CI, Broadcast Sheet​

I'm curious and in now way criticizing this car..

On the panel below the trunk lid/above the bumper, on R/T's - is this supposed to be painted flat black?

Just curious as I've always thought came from factory flat black.

Thanks

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
It appears to be one of those " This car is made by me and not certified by GG" Tags.
It has big words like that old tag does.
I have a picture of that GG tag that has been around but can't find it. I can just tell that there are no codes on the tag like they are supposed to be.
Of course, we all know what I'm looking for. I think it would be cool to buy a promod that is all done up but has the M46 option. Seems every promod is a BH coded car that someone has thrown away the fender tag and no build sheet.

budascuda

Reaction score
I went to Barrett Jackson a few years ago and was not impressed. I'd never buy or sell a car at one.
Well, you have high standards, these auctions are for us simple
folks 😁.... and also those who would prefer "looks" over autheniciy .
I. mean, with that much hype and camera action, who is looking for the fender tag, in fact the whole thing is setup so you wouldn't!

Ele115

Reaction score
Barrett Jackson in Orlando just auctioned a 1973 Ford Bronco for $103,000. I hope none of the parties involved are involved an any of your financial planning or administering your retirement pensions. I'm trying to figure out what happens in someone's head when they can justify that purchase, not to mention the fees and taxes.

budascuda

Reaction score
When two guys that have had too much wine both want to deny the other the chance to buy the car, anything can happen. It's all psychology. Plant a shill bidder in the crowd here and there, and the sky's the limit (or the car has to go across the block again)
I have seen one way, when someone's 100 k piece of property sells for a Million,, then they reward themselfs with a piece of pie!🤗

Back