• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

70 Challenger Stock Suspension (Show and Go)

DHRKRider

Reaction score
If I am not wanting to spend a lot of money in upgrading the suspension and keeping it close to stock parts, what are the main items I could upgrade that will make a difference. I am not interested in strip racing or cornering. Just making a casual driving car. After all, it only has a 318 motor. However, I will be shooting for increasing the HP to approx 300-320.
Also - Is it possible to drop the k-frame with everything attached. I understand I will need to disconnect the torsion bars, shocks, and steering shaft. Anything else? Thanks

image004.jpg

budascuda

Reaction score
The steering column and the brake hoses, of course, but the little lower Rad support bracket got me once (maybe twice lol). in the picture its still attached to the k frame.... ground wires?..

Last edited:

DHRKRider

Reaction score
The little lower Rad support bracket. in the picture its still attached to the k frame.... ground wires?...
Yes the bracket. Thanks. That would be terrible if I forgot that. Also I will roll up the extension cord although I may need it for extra lighting.

DHRKRider

Reaction score
Top A arm adjuster bolts. They are mounted through the body shell.
Thanks for the reply on the upper mount bolts. That should be all the connections to drop the k-frame member out with rest of the items attached. I just don't want to pull everything apart at this time. When I am ready to reinstall, hopefully I will have a better understanding of what is necessary to restore/upgrade. I want to keep as original as possible with some improvements.

70Barracuda

Reaction score
T bars, tubular UCA good shocks, all poly. My alignment guy was so happy with the adjustable strut rods.

firmfeel

PST

Reaction score
If you are looking to improvement handling and give our car a modern feel. I would start with Moog's Problem Solver offset upper control arms bushing.These will allow you way more adjustment on the camber and allow you to use modern alignment specs for radial tires. Second I would would think about torsion bars. Such as our 1.03 torsion bars. They will give you that modern handling without a harsh ride. For the rest of the front suspension you can get away with strictly oem replacement. But if you have access to a welder and you have the lower control arms out you may want to consider installing lower control arm stiffening plate to remove the torsion bar key slop that has more than likely developed over the past 40 plus years.

One final note do not skimp out on shocks my recommendation would be Bilsteins. Shocks play a major role in your overall feel/experience of how the car rides.

Thanks
James From
PST Marketing
PST Marketing 1-800-247-2288 WWW.P-S-T.COM
All Members of this Forum are eligible for 10% off any order over $200 check out our forum section for details

Back