• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

70 challenger window regulator

RJH

Reaction score
Good day every body. Im finally getting around to installing my window regulators and I cant remember which one is for my 70 challenger and which one is from a later year challenger? Can someone please help identify which is which . Also thanks to every body who has posted questions in the past . All your answers just saved me from selling 70 parts and keeping 71-74 parts.
DSCN1813.JPG
DSCN1814.JPG

Grady Cain

Reaction score
The one in your lower photo is for 1970. Note the 2 semi-circular cutouts in the drive mechanism. This photo is from my original 1970 T/A...
20140610_210418.jpg

RJH

Reaction score
Awesome. I put my doors together months ago after painting them. Was reading previous post and learned about 70 latches not locking when the door was open and it got me thinking about which parts i was selling . Now i have to go through every thing to see whats for 70 only. Looking at your picture I cant see the end of the pull rod. Is it a double bend to secure the rod and not a plastic locking clip. Thank you very much Grady.

Grady Cain

Reaction score
You're welcome! Let me know if you have any other 1970-specific questions regarding proper parts. PM me if you want - I have tons of photos from my restoration...

sixpactogo

Reaction score
When you get around to your quarter window regulators, they are different from 71-74 also. The 70 only have the clock springs to help with the up lift. 71-74 went cheap charlie and eliminated them.

RJH

Reaction score
That's good to know. I haven't taken the quarter windows apart yet , so hopefully most of it is still there

larrychally70

Reaction score
hi guys similar situation the window crank gear on the regulator --- on my drivers side door the the ( the star part that fits into the window handle is worn round . all teeth gone i have a replacement regulator . curious if anyone has ever found a way to avoid all removal and replacement of the whole regulator and can just the shaft part of the regulator . to try to all the work and to try to keep from breaking the window ... trying to avoid removing window ..70 challenger i think the bolts and fasteners are all going on 50 years untouched... any help thanks

Grady Cain

Reaction score
hi guys similar situation the window crank gear on the regulator --- on my drivers side door the the ( the star part that fits into the window handle is worn round . all teeth gone i have a replacement regulator . curious if anyone has ever found a way to avoid all removal and replacement of the whole regulator and can just the shaft part of the regulator . to try to all the work and to try to keep from breaking the window ... trying to avoid removing window ..70 challenger i think the bolts and fasteners are all going on 50 years untouched... any help thanks

Hey Larry - First post? Welcome to FEBO. You should definitely introduce yourself and show us your car in the Welcome Wagon section.

As for your window regulator, it really is not that hard to completely disassemble it. The bolts may be old but they have been inside of the car all those years and usually come out without any issue. I have never attempted to just change out just the drive mechanism and to be honest, I am not even sure if that is a serviceable part. If anyone else here has, please chime in. If you need a step-by-step process for removal, don't hesitate to ask!

Stellas_Dad

Reaction score
Hey Larry - First post? Welcome to FEBO. You should definitely introduce yourself and show us your car in the Welcome Wagon section.

As for your window regulator, it really is not that hard to completely disassemble it. The bolts may be old but they have been inside of the car all those years and usually come out without any issue. I have never attempted to just change out just the drive mechanism and to be honest, I am not even sure if that is a serviceable part. If anyone else here has, please chime in. If you need a step-by-step process for removal, don't hesitate to ask!
Hello
Yes instructions with pictures would be great.

Back