• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

70 Chally quarter glass help

SFEbody

Reaction score
can anyone tell me the proper way to remove the bottom glide plate from the quarter glass as well as the square glide. thanks. Brian

IMG_0547.jpg

aussiemark

Reaction score
I have one from a broken window and the glass fragments are in there tight I have the new glass but I haven't figured out how to get the remaining glass out of there yet so I will be watching this to learn how to do it too.

AUSTA

Reaction score
I tapped mine off with a rubber mallet i tried removing the 2 rivets that helped.
Getting the new glass into the channel is a quite difficult its like they were pressed in a special jig

rbbruno3

Reaction score
I used a knife and just kept running along both sides. That rubber channel was like concrete. I couldn’t find the right u gasket to reinstall I ordered a few different ones none fit very well. The glass co. Near me gave me a black setting caulk so that’s what I used to set the new glass. Just make sure you take some pics or measurements to get glass in the same spot. My reproduction glass was a bit thinner too.

Last edited:

AUSTA

Reaction score
The only semi success on fitting the new glass was to use a sheet of rubber heat it up then stretch as much as possible so the rubber thinned out fit the glass then let the rubber relax & Trimmed back to the chrome strip
I have another new set to fit so i will try the black caulk above & make some shims to hold the glass in the middle of the channel

BSG

Reaction score
No one out there with advice?
I just put all new glass in my challenger I put the pot metal bracket it a vise i did not remove the rivets as with any of this stuff you just can't go to the local hardware store and get stuff that matchs. rubber mallet the hell out of it out being carful not bend the stainless while removing. I couldn't imagine not having a helper holding and handing me tools and hammers throughout the hole process. a piece of 2x4 is super useful when beating the glass back into the pot metal bracket. I used weatherstrip adhesive in the channel when reinstalling to help keep it place would have used windshield urethane if i had some laying around. putting it back exactly like it came out made the reinstall and fitment a breeze

SFEbody

Reaction score
Thanks all. I am good now with removing the pot metal bracket, I just need to know how to remove the square bushing that looks like it has a large pop rivet holding it on.

Back