• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

70 cuda door latch.

Torqueflite

Reaction score
Hi all, Does anyone make new door latches for a 70 cuda? Thanks

Rapidfire

Reaction score
Not that I'm aware of. Especially the 70 challenger/cuda first year only. What's wrong with yours? Can they be rebuilt?

Torqueflite

Reaction score
Possibly. You know how the drivers side is always worn. I have so much to do on the car I just figured if they were available I would replace them. I saw a set of USED ones on E-bay for almost $500 bucks and $25 shipping. LOL. I don't think so!! Thanks for your reply. I just thought someone might re-pop them.

gzig5

Reaction score
Not sure what would wear out on one of these, besides the striker bolt. In what area do you think yours is worn? I just cleaned the latch from the spare driver door that I'm installing and it seems to work like new now, and I don't see any significant wear on the locking or rotating parts. I used an ultrasonic cleaner but a good long soak in simple green or shorter soak in purple cleaner and going at it with various brushes should get it pretty good.

Torqueflite

Reaction score
It may just need a good cleaning, It tends to stick when trying to unlatch the drivers side. I am mocking up all the body panels before starting the bodywork and fitting. I have adjusted the striker in different positions with the door snubbers on. Could be it's just gummy like you say. Thanks!

Back