• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

70 Cuda Door Panels, Rear Side Panels, Kick Panels in Black

Bob Frey

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I was wondering what my options are for new (or good used) interior side panels (door, rear, kick). My car is a coupe with black interior and manual windows.

I see them available at YO and CI but I was wondering if there are other options that might be better quality.

Any help or feedback on your experiences with these is much appreciated!

themechanic

Reaction score
The kick panels with speakers holes are close but not an exact fit. They're a tad shiny. So, some will paint with SEM Landau Black.

BSG

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I was wondering what my options are for new (or good used) interior side panels (door, rear, kick). My car is a coupe with black interior and manual windows.

I see them available at YO and CI but I was wondering if there are other options that might be better quality.

Any help or feedback on your experiences with these is much appreciated!
Bought the repairs choice from CI, they were as good as new oem. fit appearance etc. no scratches, they are nice. would be nicer if they came with the inserts. removed the woodgrain from mine. i like the bare metal with a new emblem looks clean, i added the lower carpet kit. that really finished it off, gave it a much higher end look to it. that was 5 years ago. i wanna say they were $600 for the pair back then. i just received some chevy trim panels i ordered from them 8 months ago. imo its the most important part out side of the dash. as far as interior goes.

EW1BH27

Reaction score
I second Roseville Moparts. They sell the "Metro" brand, BEST on the market. They also have "correct grain" kick panels.

DaveBob

Reaction score
I second Roseville Moparts. They sell the "Metro" brand, BEST on the market. They also have "correct grain" kick panels.

Do you know if anyone makes the woodgrain inserts or the red inserts that go in the groove in the door panels?
Door Trim in Red.png

Bob Frey

Reaction score

BSG

Reaction score
I'd like to find a way to trim it with carbon fiber like my dash and console top plate.
That would be easy That’s exactly what I was going to do but after removing the wood grain I thought it looked so good without it I left it

BSG

Reaction score
Do you know if anyone makes the woodgrain inserts or the red inserts that go in the groove in the door panels?View attachment 99482
are those inserts oem or did someone put aftermarket bodyside molding in the crease of the trim panel. That sure is what it looks like. We used it a lot it the 70's and 80's...

DaveBob

Reaction score
are those inserts oem or did someone put aftermarket bodyside molding in the crease of the trim panel. That sure is what it looks like. We used it a lot it the 70's and 80's...
I am 90% certain the trim is OEM and have seen it on 71 Cudas, and maybe 70 Cudas.

Bob Frey

Reaction score
I have a set of 1970 (black, manual window) Gran Coupe door panels I will be selling. The panels themselves are chalky at the top but the Gran Coupe emblems and the wood grain inserts are good - with the exception of one rear insert that needs to be straightened and has some of the clips missing. I will post them for sale soon once I clean them up and take some pictures. I would be interested to hear opinions on what they might be worth.

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
70 and 71 gran coupe's came with wood grain inserts.
Gran coupe's were the only cars to get inserts.
You could get a red insert with one interior option on the gran coupe only.

Back