• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

70 Cuda Go Wing Deck Lid Torsion Bar Adjustment

themechanic

Reaction score
Previous owner installed a new Go wing on the deck lid without adjusting the torsion bar. Deck lid opens but barely stays upright.

How do I adjust the tensioner?

Steve340

Reaction score
I have a 1971 car and it may be different - I only have one torsion bar - but mine has 5 slots/holes in the trunk support panel that you can use to put more "twist" on the torsion system.
You would have to remove the bar and refit it using a different slot to adjust the tension.

themechanic

Reaction score
I have a 1971 car and it may be different - I only have one torsion bar - but mine has 5 slots/holes in the trunk support panel that you can use to put more "twist" on the torsion system.
You would have to remove the bar and refit it using a different slot to adjust the tension.
Which slot is yours in?

Steve340

Reaction score
Looking in from the trunk lid opening the second one in towards the front of the car. My car has factory rear spoiler and trunk lid is well balanced.

themechanic

Reaction score
I moved mine from the last to the 2nd. Works better now. I could go another notch to make the deck lid pop up when unlocked but I don't want to tempt fate and brake a 50 year old rod.

Back