• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

70 Cuda High Beam not working

70CudaFE5

Reaction score
Hi Everyone
New to the forum with a recently purchased 70 Cuda FE5 Red 340 and wanted to ask for help regarding a high beam problem. When I flip the light switch on the dash up fully the parking and head lights go on fine. When I press the high beam switch ‘on’ using the floor switch then the headlights go out completely, but, parking lights stay on. If I press the high beam floor switch again then the headlight come back on fine.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts or ideas !

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
could be burned out bulbs also , I have seen this before where both were burned out , it is easy to test pull the 3 pin headlight plug , center is ground when you switch you should have power to the left or right connection in the socket

70CudaFE5

Reaction score
could be burned out bulbs also , I have seen this before where both were burned out , it is easy to test pull the 3 pin headlight plug , center is ground when you switch you should have power to the left or right connection in the socket

70CudaFE5

Reaction score
Thank You Rapifire !
Thank You. That was what I was thinking because there is continuity to both headlights for regular lights. It’s just when you press the floor switch that you lose all light from the headlight(s).
Just wondering, is it hard to replace the floor switch ?

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
The floor switch is easy to replace pull the step plate & kick panel , pull the carpet away , 2 5/16 bolts hold it to the floor , unplug & reverse steps

Adam

Reaction score
Thank You. That was what I was thinking because there is continuity to both headlights for regular lights. It’s just when you press the floor switch that you lose all light from the headlight(s).
Just wondering, is it hard to replace the floor switch ?
Very easy to replace; the hardest part will be finding a good switch, not chinese crap. It’s already broken so you have nothing to lose by disassembling it and see if it can be repaired.

Use some dielectric grease on the connectors.

Back