• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

70 cuda wiper motor wiring

shagexe

Reaction score
1970 CUDA 440
Wiper Motor/Gear Assy ID # 3431077 7280 1819
Wiper Switch Assy ID # 2770380

When tested independently, each assembly conforms to specified testing protocols.
Therefore, it seems our problem is with connecting the two assemblies. For example, even though the wire colors from the recently rebuilt motor are correct, I question which ones have been connected to the gear housing and what position they should be inserted in the firewall terminal block. I also question, how the multi connector was matched to the switch (terminal B/U is not connected to anything?).

Can I obtain a connection wiring diagram?

Moparparts

Reaction score
Hi Milton
I believe i sent an e-mail quite a while ago to Jimmy with the diagram of the wiring. Let me know if you still need the diagram and i will e-mail it to you. Did you get in touch with JS?
Don

shagexe

Reaction score
Hi Don and yes you did. We still have it. All sorts of problems and multiple ways to go. Took wiper motor and gear box off and took down to motor shop to retest. Was ok. Then opened gear box and found that one of the two outside wires was pretty loose, and that a small teat on the inside of the box had broken off and the gasket was shot. In the process of repairing all of that this week. Will keep you posted. Currently motor is moving side to side but does not park yet. Think it is a result of gear box problems. Thanks for all your help Don.

david411

Reaction score
If you don't have a good ground on the motor and switch it won't park. I ran a secondary ground from the back of the wiper switch plate to the firewall and that solved my park problem and then I could adjust the park stop on the motor.

Back