• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

71 Barracuda Dash styles

Reaction score
I have seen many different pictures and videos of the gauge clusters on a 71 and it seems to differ for every picture. The 71 I have has a big speedo a little bit to the left of the steering column with all of the others being smaller. Mine has the wood grain panels removed but i'm wondering if it never had them. If anyone could help and tell me if i'm missing something that would be much appreciated

70 4715

Reaction score
I now see there is a rallye and non rallye version. are the two inter swappable?
The guages in them are not, Did you can come with the rallye guages, or the nonrallye ones? They are two completely different sets.

Reaction score
Mine came without
The guages in them are not, Did you can come with the rallye guages, or the nonrallye ones? They are two completely different sets.
Rallye guages. Do you know if there is a way to swap the postition of the smaller ones? If so could i replace one of the existing ones for an rpm gauge?

70 4715

Reaction score
Mine came without

Rallye guages. Do you know if there is a way to swap the postition of the smaller ones? If so could i replace one of the existing ones for an rpm gauge?
The wiring harness is completely different for each guage cluster. There is no "easy" fix to what you are asking, unless you want to mount a tach. on the dash, which most people did back when these cars were new.

moparleo

Reaction score
Actually it is not that hard to modify a harness but the best best on these older cars is to order a new one.
The wiring gets old, brittle. Connections get corroded or also has been spliced etc...
The gauge set you are describing is the standard cluster. They could be ordered with a faux woodgrain panel as well.
The rally cluster conversion would include the upper light bar. The heater/a/c switch panel, light switch panel , Gauge type oil pressure sender unit.
They are available new as reproductions or there are many used ones available as well.
Have a plan in place before you go wild on a partial basket case.

Back