• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

71 Barracuda

JohnP

Reaction score
I have a 71 Barracuda with a 6.1 Hemi and T56 Tremec 6 speed Manual gearbox. Can anyone assist with the Reverse lock out sensor and other connections from the gearbox to ??? wiring diagram. I have Dakota gauges, Megasqirt Gold 3 ECU with GPS speed sensor.
T56 6 speed B.jpg
T56 6 speed C.jpg
T56 6 speed A.jpg
T56 6 speed B.jpg
T56 6 speed C.jpg
T56 6 speed A.jpg

rolling_thunder

Reaction score
on the T-56 family you usually have a
1) Reverse light switch - kinda self explanatory, one wire gets 12v, the other wire runs to the reverse lights to power them when the switch is triggered

2) Neutral Safety Switch - Can bypass it if you're running the factory clutch switch on the pedals or you can wire it in lieu of the factory switch - would just be a one wire ground to one side and a wire up to the starter relay ground terminal

3) Reverse lockout - You can wire it in parallel with your brake light switch (will activate it when you brake) or you can simply leave it disconnected. It is a little spring so make it easier to get into reverse but you can shift to reverse without it being activated without much effort.

4) Skip Shift solenoid - F*CK this thing... don't need it - don't wire it. Dumb thing

JohnP

Reaction score
Thanks so much for the information as this really helps me set this all up. I will try to get to it this week. Have a good day.

JohnP

Reaction score
Thank you for the info. All done and running great. Did a short trial run and hoping to have a longer run this week.

Back