• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

71 Challenger RT Trunk Emblem

Kez

Reaction score
upload_2017-7-14_16-32-37.png

I am restoring a 71 Challenger RT and from the glue residue on the trunk lid I can tell it used to have a DODGE emblem like the one above. Pretty sure it was only put on 71 model year, perhaps only on RTs. Cannot find anyone selling, anyone have a lead on where I can find one, correct part number, etc. You guys have always been VERY helpful, hope you can help me solve this problem. Much appreciated! Kent

Trunk Emblem.JPG

moparlee

Reaction score
Yes, for '71 only and not just the RT's. Here is a pic of an NOS one that I picked up on ebay. It is correct, notice that the lettering is flat with black in the interior and chrome around the outside and is a stick on. This one is not being re-popped but there is a 3 pin one that is being made for the grill.

The one shown in your pic is actually not correct. The raised lettering is kind of pointy and the chrome is on the inside and surrounded with the black. This one is being re-popped and was originally for the '71 Dart and Demon.

Kez

Reaction score
Excellent info and thanks moparlee! I don't see a picture, but the description is helpful. Do you recall the ebay seller? Is the grill version an exact match (could you cut the pins and use it for the trunk? I have come up with two possible part numbers 2965 502 or 3505433, not sure if either is correct.

I wondered if other 71 Dodges would have the same badge, good to know they are not correct!

Back