• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

71 Challenger Vert Project for Sale Ebay (not mine)

340challconvert

Reaction score
71 Challenger Convertible Project on Ebay
Needs a lot of work
Was original 340 Automatic car (drive train gone) JH27H1B
Original tored car, owner claims it was possibly built for the Mod Squad for the 72 season? Hence the 72 Grill. Who knows.
Also states "not rusted out"
Interesting car.
Happy Hunting E body Convertible Fans!
1971 Dodge Challenger Convertible | eBay
s-l400.jpg

s-l400.jpg

Last edited:

340challconvert

Reaction score
It seems to be a pretty rare car; 71's were definitely more rare then the 70 verts
Mopar saw it fit not to demarcate numbers between hardtops and convertibles for 1971 on the small block cars.
They made a total of 894 total combined hardtops and verts w the JH 340 automatic cars. Even if you split that in half for vert production, can't be many left.

The N code convertibles are even more rare with 167 total produced. I once owned one years ago and pulled the engine to put in a small block (but that is another story)

If the frame and the body are decent, it might be worth a look for someone with mechanical skills and not a lot of up front money?

Though I do think the $15k price is steep, project convertibles are getting hard to find. Be interesting to see what happens!

Happy Hunting All! :steering:

Last edited:

KATSAAR

Reaction score
if it had a fender tag I would have bought it 5 years ago from dean in Michigan for 10k

831 HQT

Reaction score
Chrysler never built new Challenger convertibles for the '72 Mod Squad season (or any other TV production). The just converted the already existing '71 verts (that they rented to the studios) into 72 models by changing the front and the rear end attributes.
If it really is one of these converted TV cars, VIN must be in the range JH27H1B1503xx / JH27H1B1504xx, with production date August / September 1970 and a R-coded Order Number.

Last edited:

340challconvert

Reaction score
Thanks. Great information to know!
Dino2 (1).gif

Chrysler never built new Challenger convertibles for the '72 Mod Squad season (or any other TV production). The just converted the already existing '71 verts (that they rented to the studios) into 72 models by changing the front and the rear end attributes.
If it really is one of these converted TV cars, VIN must be in the range JH27H1B1503xx / JH27H1B1504xx, with production date August / September 1970 and a R-coded Order Number.

Back